Oddest linux distributions?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by comfyNEET, May 11, 2016.

1. comfyNEET

comfyNEET

I was doing some browsing around various image boards and Linux sites and found mentions of a Linux distribution created and maintained by none other than the DPRK, known as Red Star OS.

I definitely wouldn't want to risk installing it myself, even in a virtual environment. Although it's most likely safe and the North Koreans are limited in what influence they'd have on overseas computers, I'd rather play it safe. I did read that the North Koreans use a restricted internet infrastructure that pretty much limits connections to within the country.

The OS has been leaked onto the internet through students and travelers who have had access to computers in North Korea.

From screencaps on the internet, it appears to be a basic run of the mill Linux distribution using an older version of KDE. Still kinda surreal considering pretty much the only people that get to use it and computers in general are high ranking officials, the military, and worthy students.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some of you may have seen or heard about this before, just thought it would be interesting to share.

I've also seen stuff like Hannah Montana Linux, a Satanic inspired Ubuntu, among others. What are some other weird, creepy, or odd/unexplained linux distributions?

comfyNEET, May 11, 2016
  2. comfyNEET

Yillbs

Their little North Korean star in the top right is good enough for me to understand they will blow me up if i attempt to read more information on it. So, no thanks :p

Yillbs, May 11, 2016
  3. comfyNEET

SirJoe

When I saw the tittle of this thread the first Linux distro that I thought of was satanic. I have never installed it on my computer and don't plan on doing so but I see you got to it before I did.

SirJoe, May 27, 2016
Ask a Question