Ntlworld Email problem

Discussion in 'Networking' started by wortho, Jun 2, 2009.

1. wortho

wortho

Hi Guys,
    I bought my mother an Aspire One Linpus version & I am trying to assist her in setting up the one mail for her ntlworld email. At the moment she can recieve mail but gets an error when sending mail, I am trying to get her to check the incoming & outgoing mail server settings but it does not seem to want to come up when following the instructions on page 11 of the Application manual, she can see the Accounts window but when she selects the account & chooses properties she can no longer see the incoming/outgoing server details, perhaps there has been an auto update that has changed the layout? some additional icons have appeared in the Connect menu which makes me think an auto update occured.
    I wanted to get her to check the outgoing server was still smtp.ntlworld.com as I told her to set it to earlier, trouble is she can't seem to get to the window where you input these details any more.
    BTW, I'm trying to talk her through this on the phone so apologies if something obvious. ;)
    Thanks
    Mark

wortho, Jun 2, 2009
Ask a Question