Non alienware gaming computer?

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by Sealpikachu, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Sealpikachu

Sealpikachu

Hello, does anybody know what a good (preferably lower priced) laptop would be for gaming? I do love alienware but it is way out of my budget and I would love to know other options out there for me. Thanks!

Sealpikachu, Apr 25, 2016
    Deon Swanepoel likes this.
  2. Sealpikachu

spence88

You have to be more specific. What does "low price" mean to you? There are a lot of good sites you can visit to learn more information. Anandtech, NotebookCheck, NotebookReview are good examples. If you see a model you liked but costs too much don't worry, all gaming laptops models have some kind of variation, there is a base model and an upgraded model, where the base model costs a lot less than the standard or "upgraded" model. :)

spence88, Apr 25, 2016
  3. Sealpikachu

OursIsTheFury

Alienware is ridiculously overpriced. You can buy any gaming laptop that's cheaper and with even better stats. What you're getting from Alienware is the name branding, the logos, and the fact that you can brag to people that you can afford one when you use it in public. That's about it.

OursIsTheFury, Apr 25, 2016
  4. Sealpikachu

Sealpikachu

To be honest I am not sure about pricing... My current laptop is an Asus that was around 300 dollars only here in Mexico and it is pretty functional. I just wish I was able to run heavier games on it. It will run Skyrim in low resolutiom but crashes with team fortress which is a bit weird.

Sealpikachu, Apr 26, 2016
  5. Sealpikachu

UpgradeMe

You can get a lot done on refurbished in the 2013-2015 range! Those at around what you're expecting should have some in your budget, lots of stuff around that area to play games on.

UpgradeMe, Apr 26, 2016
  6. Sealpikachu

djdelarosa25

Dell Inspiron 15 7559

djdelarosa25, Apr 26, 2016
  7. Sealpikachu

Sefie

In my experience most new laptops can play recent games... and you don't need to spend a ton, but if you want to play the newest games, then you will definitely need a PC (unless you have the cash for an alienware, but a PC is much cheaper). I'm very happy with my Toshiba laptop because I'm able to play a lot cool games with it :)

Sefie, Apr 27, 2016
  8. Sealpikachu

Sealpikachu

I would love to get a pc, however I am going off to college soon. That is why I want something I can carry with me. It is also why I'd rather not soend much, books are already going to be overpriced as it is :/. What laptops have you heard about that can play recent games with good quality? Also , if you don't mind ke asking, what games? Thank you!

Sealpikachu, May 2, 2016
  9. Sealpikachu

nytegeek

Alienware isn't the top of the line or even first choice for gaming hardware to begin with. At least not since 2006 when they where bought up by Dell. Just look at the specs for the games you want to run and comparison shop computers that meet or exceed those specs. I would suggest using recommended specs rather than minimum specs if you want a good experience.

nytegeek, May 14, 2016
  10. Sealpikachu

Sealpikachu

Thank you! I. All honesty I only got curious about alienwares because a friend has one and would always let me play Skyrim on it. He kept talkig about how good the brand was and I believed him since I had played on it. It was also so heavy though! I can't imagine myself (5"2, short and not very strong) carrying that around with me all day, every day.

Sealpikachu, May 17, 2016
Ask a Question