New acer keyboard problem

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by danielsbrewer, Dec 16, 2008.

1. danielsbrewer

danielsbrewer

Hello,

I got a new acer aspire one recently and have had massive problems with the keyboard. Basically, when typing some keys are missed, so you get something like "hll wrld". You have to push quite hard on some keys to get them working. I wouldn't even describe my typing style as light.

I rang up to get authorisation to return the item and the guy reckoned that it might just take a bit of time for the keyboard to bed in. I have never come across anything like this on any other new keyboard I have tired. I am thinking of sending it back anyway, but I would like to know whether anyone else has had this problem? and whether it went away? To be honest the way it is at the moment means that it is a right pain to do anything.

I tried another acer aspire one in a shop and the keyboard was fine.

danielsbrewer, Dec 16, 2008
  2. danielsbrewer

ronime

Don't take any more B.S. from the place where you are trying to return it to, that keyboard will never work properly. Don't be satisfied with anything less than a replacement machine. Good luck.

ronime, Dec 16, 2008
  3. danielsbrewer

Mistro

I've experienced the EXACT same problem... I'm debating replacing the keyboard with my own money versus giving it in for a month for acer to do their "repairs".

I bought my laptop on Nov 11th. Maybe something wrong with a certain batch?

Mistro, Dec 27, 2008
  4. danielsbrewer

danielsbrewer

I sent mine back to the shop I brought it from and a new one is in the post. Here's hoping that the next one hasn't got this problem. At least they accepted it was a fault.

danielsbrewer, Dec 28, 2008
Ask a Question