Need Help Adding 2nd HDD and Memory To Aspire E5-575G

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by ryevick, Jul 17, 2016.

1. ryevick

ryevick

I just received my Aspire E5-575G Signature Edition. So far it's great but I bought a 2nd HDD to add. I read reviews saying it has a 2nd empty bay just for that as well as an extra memory slot (I bought another 8 GB stick for that).

I have look online and every video I see saying they are working on the model I have looks very different from the one I own. There is no removable battery on the bottom. It does have an access panel with 3 screws and vents ports on this panel right under the touch-pad. There is a notch on one corner at the top right of the panel but when I removed the screws this thing does not want to budge at all. I don't want to force anything. I am really frustrated though at the lack of ease for this simple upgrade task.

Does ANYONE have this same laptop, know how to access/remove this panel safely or know where I can find hard info that shows if these empty ports/slots/bays do for sure exist?

Thank you!

ryevick, Jul 17, 2016
  2. ryevick

something back

something back, Jul 17, 2016
  3. ryevick

ryevick

I've read of people doing that but one of the features I bought the laptop for is that it has a DVD Multi, I use it.

I want to access the memory and hdd bay. It's really ticking me off that this is not just a quick 2 minute upgrade as it should be and is with other laptops.

ryevick, Jul 17, 2016
  4. ryevick

something back

I cannot find any images on the internet, it sounds like there going

to be under that flap,some are very tight though.

something back, Jul 18, 2016
Ask a Question