My laptop screen won't turn on

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Nawar Z, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Nawar Z

Nawar Z

Hello,
    I have an ASUS K53sc with the following specs:
    CPU: Intel Core i5
    GPU: Intel HD & nvidia Geforce 520MX
    RAM: 4GB
    Cooling System: Ice Cool

I've suffered recently from "System interrupts" task which heats the CPU and takes %13 of its usage. I've cleaned the fan as I've solved it before but cleaned the thermal paste and replaced it this time. Now when I power the laptop up, the screen won't turn on, and the CPU light blinks once and never turns on. I hear the fan running, the DVD driver loading and the HDD slightly running, the Power, Charge, and the Caps-lock lights are on.
    I've tried the 30 1 2 draining technique, RAM moving from one slot to another, and checking if all plugs and connectors are fine, (though I don't have an external monitor around to test), tried powering on without HDD
    Further info, I don't think I can reset the bios because my screen does not show anything, even the ASUS logo.
    Please, any help is highly appreciated, 90% of my job depends on using the laptop and I'm really in a bad place.
    Thanks in advance

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
    Nawar Z, Aug 31, 2016
  2. Nawar Z

something back

Welcome to the laptop forums site

Press the power button and immediately start TAPPING the F2 key
    This should allow you into the bios.

From what you are saying all seems well if the fan starts.

If you can reseat the ram again without much trouble,the reason I say this
    is the bios checks the ram first.

If the screen worked before, and you have not removed it's cables, then it will
    not be that stopping you.

You may need to wait for other members to suggest other solutions.

something back, Aug 31, 2016
  3. Nawar Z

Nawar Z

Thanks for your attention,
    I tried tapping the F2 on an external keyboard (F2 does not work on my integrated one) but nothing happend, I don't know about the RAM but I'll try to test a competable one as soon as I can ('cause RAMs are extremely expensive where I live)
    but thanks a lot for your concern

Nawar Z, Sep 1, 2016
  4. Nawar Z

something back

REFIT YOUR OLD RAM NOT NEW RAM

Try Pressing the power button and immediately start TAPPING the Esc key

If not try all the other keys in the same way, then try it with pressing the power button and immediately hold down the CTRL start TAPPING the other keys one by one.

something back, Sep 1, 2016
  5. Nawar Z

rz3300

Well I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue, and this is really the last thing that you want to see when you go to turn on your computer. I cannot say that I have really experienced this problem before, though, but it sounds like the pressing all the buttons thing like some users have said might not work, but I guess you never know. Best of luck to you, and thanks for sharing.

rz3300, Sep 1, 2016
  6. Nawar Z

Nawar Z

I've already done that,
    plus, as I said before, my integrated keyboared has earlier issues, and my external one does not turn on, so i guess the pressing thing does not work for me..
    any thoughts on what my problem is?!

Nawar Z, Sep 23, 2016
  7. Nawar Z

Corzhens

As you said, you cannot reset the bios because you cannot see anything on the screen. In other words, you cannot do anything since the screen is not working. Even the CMOS is unavailable to you. So I guess the best recourse is to bring your laptop to the repair shop. My suspicion is a problem in the connection of the screen. That sometimes happen to our desktop but it's a different story because the cable of the monitor is detachable unlike the laptop. Better have it checked by a competent tech.

Corzhens, Sep 24, 2016
Ask a Question