linux4one anyone tried it

Discussion in 'Linux' started by terry_gardener, Feb 11, 2009.

1. terry_gardener

terry_gardener

Hello

has any one tried the new linux4one os on the acer aspire one yet.

if so what is it like.

terry_gardener, Feb 11, 2009
  2. terry_gardener

mattytee

3. terry_gardener

masonnj

Yes, I'm running it on my AA1 and so far I prefer it to everything else I've tried.

Linpus was fine, I could do everything I wanted but first you have to mod it so you can get at the stuff Acer wants to shield the average user from ;)

I didn't bother with XP or Windows 7 as I wanted to get back into Linux, last time I used it was 1995 at work on a box that existed only to receive batch output files from other systems, do some basic data manipulation and formatting then ftp the files off to other systems. All done with shell scripts and C and no GUI.
    :ugeek:

Linux4One installed without any issues and everything works. I found it as simple as that. I like the GUI and I've got access to everything I need.

Nick

masonnj, Feb 15, 2009
  4. terry_gardener

donec

Hi Nick, You say everything works, does that include suspend and hibernate? Can you set it up to use the SD card reader to use an SDHC card as the Home partition? Does the webcam work? are both card readers working? Are there any mods that need doing?

donec, Feb 15, 2009
Ask a Question