Linux For Window Laptop?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by IcyBC, Feb 10, 2016.

1. IcyBC

IcyBC

You probably know that my HP laptop suffered a slow dead since last year, but I haven't given up on it yet since it is only two years old. Recently my nephew took it home and tries to resurrect it.

Yesterday, he gave me three choices:

1) Reformat the laptop and restore it to the original one but it may not last either
    2) Replace the processor, which could cost up to $200 bucks
    3) Install Linux OS and completely just run it solely

I am leaning heavily toward the third option since I have a little experience with it from college and from using Apple products. However, here is where I don't know what to do: Linux that is similar to Window or Linux that is similar to Mac?

Anyone has a suggestion?

IcyBC, Feb 10, 2016
  2. IcyBC

something back

Option one
    OR
    Option three

Linux is quite good it depends on how ingrained windows is in your experiences (mind)

something back, Feb 10, 2016
    IcyBC likes this.
  3. IcyBC

Nestone50

If your processor is dying, it doesn't matter what OS you put on the laptop. You have a hardware, not a software problem.

Nestone50, Feb 10, 2016
    IcyBC likes this.
  4. IcyBC

IcyBC

I understand @Nestone50 ! My laptop is being worked on for dual boot by my nephew. He is an IT tech so I put my faith in his capable hands. As for myself, I don't know much about computer, software or hardware at all. He will do what needs to be done to get my laptop to work again :)

IcyBC, Feb 11, 2016
Ask a Question