Linux - command prompt on Limpus

Discussion in 'Linux' started by camorri, Jan 4, 2009.

1. camorri

camorri

I'm an experienced linux user. I'm trying to help a new user of a Acer Aspire that has Limpus lite installed get a command prompt.

I have looked through the forum. found a reference to command prompt, getting it by entering a hot key sequence of Alt+F2 and then typing 'terminal' ( without the quotes ). This doesn't work.

Can anyone shed some light on how to get to a command prompt?

The main problem is not the command prompt. The larger issue is the inability to clear Firefox cache. We have gone through the normal way, Preferences-->Privacy-->Private data-->Clear; now does not work. We can see the cache, its location by entering about:cache in the location bar, but can not delete it. I believe we can find out the owner, permissions of the cache dir, if we can get a command prompt. Your thoughtful help is appreciated.

camorri, Jan 4, 2009
  2. camorri

daldred

Either enable advanced mode (see the sticky thread called 'READ ME...' in the Beginners section of the forum) and then use the right-click menu to find a terminal, or on the simple desktop go to My Files, and select File->Show Terminal from the menus.

The ALT-F2 route should work, though, unless the keyboards shortcuts in XFCE have been changed.

daldred, Jan 4, 2009
  3. camorri

rbil

Try "Terminal". Notice the upper case for the first letter.

Cheers.

rbil, Jan 4, 2009
Ask a Question