Lenovo Z50-70 battery plugged in not charging, won't charge no matter what I do

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by AnonPerson, Jun 18, 2016.

1. AnonPerson

AnonPerson

Hi,

I have a Lenovo Z50-70 running Windows 8.1. The laptop is relatively new, bought in Jan. 2015.

Some time ago, the original battery suddenly started to have a problem where it would say 45% available, plugged in, not charging. No matter what fixes I tried (after looking through a lot of articles, posts, comments, etc.), nothing made the battery start charging again. It always stays at 45%. Also the battery light/indicator on the front of the laptop is always blinking white.

So I got a new battery, put it in hoping that it would work and charge up to 100%, but the new battery is having exactly the same problem as the original old one! It will only charge up to 45%, then it says plugged in not charging. The battery light is again always blinking white.

What do I do? How can this be fixed? What's going on?

Appreciate any help. Thank you very much.

AnonPerson, Jun 18, 2016
  2. AnonPerson

vinaya

When the problem occurred for the first time, how long had you been using the laptop. Was it during the warranty period? Even if it was not covered by the warranty you should have taken to the store where you bought.Since you are experiencing same problem with the new battery, I believe problem lies on the adapter. Get a new one, it might work

vinaya, Jul 4, 2016
  3. AnonPerson

acerme2

Hi there. I had the same problem about two weeks ago and I actually thought that my laptop battery had given up on me (almost 2 years old). But then I read about this remedy online and you might want to try it. I opened the control panel, accessed the device manager, clicked on the batteries, click on scan for changes, right click on something that says MIcrosoft compliant... and uninstall it. I then restarted my laptop, and voila - my battery's charging and everything's back to normal!

acerme2, Aug 3, 2016
  4. AnonPerson

rz3300

Well the one thing that I can tell with absolute certainty is that this is not an issue that is limited to Lenovo computers. I have had this happen over and over again with my laptops, to the pint where I just assume it will happen and try to prepare as best as I can. The thing is is that it always seems to happen at inopportune times, go figure, so I am often in a jam. You might need a new one, so get ready to spend a little money, sorry to say. Thanks for sharing, though, and best of luck to you.

rz3300, Aug 22, 2016
  5. AnonPerson

Laila Hussain

If your laptop is fall into warranty period, then claim it otherwise you have to change your laptop battery.

Laila Hussain, Aug 29, 2016
  6. AnonPerson

Corzhens

Gee, it looks like that battery problem is still around eh? That's the issue with our very first laptop from what I remember. It was brought home by my father-in-law from the US where he had bought it in a second hand store. It was running all right but after a month, the battery was manifesting a problem in the charging like it cannot go on full charge anymore until such time that it wouldn't charge anymore. Worse, it wouldn't run even when plugged. And when the estimated cost of the repair shop did not suit our pocket's capability, we just relegated the laptop to the storage room.

Corzhens, Aug 30, 2016
Ask a Question