Leather case is bad for some laptops

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Vash, May 24, 2016.

1. Vash

Vash

I have used a leather case for my Surface Pro 4. I thought it look neat, and very compact while offer great protection.

Maybe it is great for protection... against impact and scratches, but just a few days ago I have noticed that on the two sides near the edge, the outer surface had come off a little where it is often put against the leather case. I guess the leather case I use is a little too tight, and it scratch the edges when I slide the Surface in and out of it... While it is no big deal, it does make my Surface Pro 4 look "used". :(

Anyone else have bad experience with leather based protective case?

Vash, May 24, 2016
  2. Vash

Sefie

Oh no! I remeber I felt so devastate when my laptop came back with a mark on the lid... after I took it to a place to get it fixed. At first I was angry anmd sad, but well after a while I stopped noticing it. Don't worry, you will get over that soon enough.

Sefie, May 24, 2016
  3. Vash

Vash

It is not the problem of get used to it. I won't even see it when I am using it from the front since the scratches are on the two sides. It is that just a few days ago I still thought my Surface Pro 4 look brand new as I have been very careful with it. It is one piece of expensive hardware after all.

Now it is "used" instead of "like new". The potential value had dropped with it. Not that I plan to sell it any time soon. It is just I do not feel as great any more. :( It also makes me sad that the paint can come off so easily. They really need to make it more durable.

Vash, May 26, 2016
Ask a Question