Latitude or inspiron

Discussion in 'Dell' started by GEORGE__of_the__jungle, Feb 17, 2016.

1. GEORGE__of_the__jungle

GEORGE__of_the__jungle

Hi I was wondering if you could help me figure out which laptop would be fastest, sturdier, more reliable, and just an overall better laptop. I just want a nice sturdy laptop that will last for a while and ultimately get the job done. My price range is up to $300. The things i want to do are watch movies(dvd), listen to music(cd), and be able to make copies of both, general web searching, writing documents,creating posters, editing pictures/videos, and record music using a usb audio interface. Below are the two options i have narrowed it down to, one of which is refurbished and not sold by dell anymore, but if you have another suggestion or even one outside of the dell company please feel free to tell me.

http://www.blairtg.com/shop-compute...rer/dell/operatingsystem/windows-10-home.html

http://www.dell.com/en-us/member/shop/productdetails/inspiron-15-3555-laptop/dncwc204s

GEORGE__of_the__jungle, Feb 17, 2016
  2. GEORGE__of_the__jungle

excpomelo

according to my opinion, you should choose the latitude

excpomelo, Feb 17, 2016
  3. GEORGE__of_the__jungle

ReyPila

+1 for latitude!

ReyPila, May 11, 2016
  4. GEORGE__of_the__jungle

rz3300

Well I had a Latitude for my last laptop and I loved it, up until it went belly up on me. I tried a little repairs, but truth be told I kind of wanted ta new one anyways because it was just too big, so I went and got a smaller one. From my understanding the Inspiron is a bit smaller, so it is probably better there, but in terms of speed and performance I would guess that the Latitude is superior.

rz3300, Jun 26, 2016
  5. GEORGE__of_the__jungle

IBMPC8088

The older Latitude D series models were good. After that, I started to see things shift toward Inspiron more in the past 8 years. If it's an older system, definitely a latitude laptop. If it's newer though, you might want to give an Inspiron a spin if it meets what you need it for. There isn't as much of a durability and performance gap on the Dell models as there used to be.

IBMPC8088, Jun 28, 2016
Ask a Question