Laptop screen is glitchy/not touchscreen anymore/has spots

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by georgia23, Jan 3, 2015.

1. georgia23

georgia23

I left my laptop on a table and I guess it was knocked off because when I found it, the screen had a crack and it was not touchscreen anymore? Is this because of the crack?
    Also the screen keeps glitching e.g. there are two mice (?) on the screen, I can move one like normal but it flickers and the other won't move and flickers, and there are five spots on the screen and they are always there unless the screen is black? Are they caused by a virus or the crack (I only started noticing them after the crack happened) or something else?

Thanks please help!

georgia23, Jan 3, 2015
  2. georgia23

zoejaye

It's probably caused by the crack on the screen. I've had tablets where the screen cracked, and the touchscreen stopped working. After a while, the screen started messing up. The mouse pointed might be from an image burned into the screen or something. I doubt it's a virus causing the 2 mouse pointers, and if you are using a trackpad as a mouse, the trackpad could be glitching rather than the screen.

zoejaye, Jan 3, 2015
  3. georgia23

georgia23

Ah ok thank you! And yes, I do use a trackpad.
    Do you think that replacing the screen would fix it?

georgia23, Jan 4, 2015
  4. georgia23

zoejaye

Replacing the screen will most definitely fix the spots on the screen (and obviously the crack), but I don't know if it will fix the touchscreen problem or the problem with the 2 mouse pointers on the screen. The touchscreen not working might have something to do with the digitizer, so I don't know much about that.

zoejaye, Jan 4, 2015
Ask a Question