Laptop for business and basic programming from Germany, 800 Euro

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by Gilzy, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Gilzy

Gilzy

Hello everyone,
    I live in Israel (please let's not make it a politics thread) and I'm traveling to Germany next week, I'm thinking of buying a laptop there since it's cheaper and I really need one :D.

I'm working from home, which means from the laptop while I'm away, I don't want a small one though, I am only working when I'm comfortable anyway, comfort is very important for me since I work 4-5 hours each day even when traveling.
    My job doesn't require much from the laptop, mostly Excel and a lot of open tabs on Chrome, I do need basic Photoshop every once in a while.
    I'm also a Computer Engineering student, though I am using my PC at home for programming, I do want the laptop to be able to run and work on Visual Studio if needed.
    It's also important for me to have a screen resolution of at least 1080p and to be strong enough for running Blu-Ray films to a big TV screen using HDMI.
    I don't need a camera or pre-installed Windows , and as long as the battery can run 3 hours Blue-Ray movie and\or 6+ hours of work - that's enough for me.
    The most important thing is the keyboard, I want it to be as comfortable as possible, and will love it to have backlight if possible.
    I was thinking about the Lenovo E550 with i7 processor, though I'm feeling like I am missing a lot of models I never heard of.

Oh and I almost forgot - since I live in Israel I have to have international warranty.

General Questions

1) What is your budget? 800-900 Euros. (Will purchase in Germany)

2) What size notebook would you prefer? - I think 15" though I am open to suggestions.
    3) Where will you buying this notebook? You can select the flag of your country as an indicator. Germany.

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
    a. Like: Lenovo.
    5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed? Nope.

6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook? Large Excel tables and lots of open tabs.

7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both? Both.

8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games? I don't think so, probably not. But will watch a lot of videos.

9) How many hours of battery life do you need? 6+ for work and 3+ for movies.

10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK? I don't have to see it.

11) What OS do you prefer? Windows 7 or DOS. I am getting one from school without cost.

Screen Specifics

12) From the choices below, what screen resolution(s) would you prefer? Keep in mind screen size in conjunction with resolution will play a large role in overall viewing comfort level. Everyone is different. Some like really small text, while others like their text big and easy to read. Click here for Screen resolution information.

13) Do you want a Glossy/reflective screen or a Matte/non-glossy screen? Matte.

Build Quality and Design

14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you? A little bit, but that isn't critical.

15) When are you buying this laptop? In the next few days.

16) How long do you want this laptop to last? 3-4 years.

Notebook Components

17) How much hard drive space do you need? Do you want a SSD drive? I don't need much, 500GB is more than enough, and yes I do want SSD.

18) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a DVD Burner, Blu-ray Reader or Blu-Ray Burner? I don't need one.

Thanks in advance for helping me, feel free commenting on my English! I am trying my best to improve all the time.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2015
    Gilzy, Jun 23, 2015
Ask a Question