Laptop Decision

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by N_P_93, Aug 24, 2016.

1. N_P_93

N_P_93

Hi everyone. I was thinking of changing my laptop of 10 years old for a newer one. I have been looking at three options but I am unsure of which ones to buy. These are the options:

http://us-store.acer.com/aspire-v-nitro-gaming-laptop-v...

http://us-store.acer.com/aspire-vn7-592g-77lb-notebook

http://tekadvisor.ca/devices/432

I will mainly be using this laptop for music production and to run engineering software that many of my university courses require me to use. I was wondering if any of you could let me know which of the laptops is best for accomplishing those tasks or if you may happen to know of another model that may be just as good at accomplishing what I described. I live in Canada btw so the prices are going to be more expensive than what is shown on the American websites, probably around 1600- 1800$ range.

P.S. I was also wondering if any of you who may own these laptops can speak of your experience with them (good, bad)

N_P_93, Aug 24, 2016
  2. N_P_93

something back

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
    something back, Aug 24, 2016
  3. N_P_93

N_P_93

Thanks for the advice. So you think the specs on the Acer laptops are better? I was just wondering what the difference is between the quality of the build between the Acer and Asus laptops

N_P_93, Aug 24, 2016
  4. N_P_93

something back

I am not a fan of asus,the price difference is quite a lot anyway.

With the extra money you can up date either acer's with a ssd drive.

It's personal choice,some user's like both makes.

With anything you can get a good bad or indifferent one.

CONSIDER taking extra warranty out,you can find lots of deals for them online or use a broker.

something back, Aug 24, 2016
  5. N_P_93

111kg

Here are my two cents: don't buy the laptop you like, buy the laptop that you need. Moreover, I don't know where you are from, but I am not very comfortable with the idea of sending my laptop in another city to be repaired. This is why I advise you to pick also the one that has an authorized service in your area.

111kg, Aug 29, 2016
  6. N_P_93

SirJoe

The only difference between the two is the monitor size. If you are not going to carry your laptop around very often I would go with the bigger screen, but if it's to carry around with you most of the time, I would recommend the small screen.

SirJoe, Aug 29, 2016
  7. N_P_93

rz3300

Well ten years is certainly time for a new one, I would say. I am glad to hear that your last one lasted you for so long, though, because that is really rare. That said, I like what @111kg said, about buying what you need, not what you want. I think that this is just a better technique when it comes to evaluation, and I think you will not regret that. Best of luck, though, and thanks for sharing.

rz3300, Aug 29, 2016
Ask a Question