Laptop backpack?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by SLTE, Sep 2, 2015.

1. SLTE

SLTE

I don't spend a lot of time outside the house - working at home and all - but when I do leave, my laptop almost always comes with me. I have a laptop bag from college, but it's falling apart and I don't find it that comfortable anyway. Anybody got any recommendations for specific bags I could look into, or even just companies in general? Ideally I'd like a bag that doesn't have the laptop snugged right up against my back and instead has a compartment in the front of the bag, but that might be a pipe dream. Thanks!

SLTE, Sep 2, 2015
  2. SLTE

IcyBC

I am not too fussy about laptop bag so anything that is still in great condition work fine for me. If you live in the States, look up Thrift Stores in your local city, you will find amazing deal there some time. I am not sure if they have the backpack type, but they do have plenty of shoulder bags. I once bought a brand new Eddie Bauer bag for only $5.00 dollars for my son.

IcyBC, Sep 2, 2015
    Diane Lane likes this.
  3. SLTE

SLTE

I'm in Canada, but I'm pretty sure we have Thrift Stores here, too. I think there's one semi-close to my home. I would prefer a full-on backpack rather than a shoulder strap, but I can certainly have a look anyway.

I'll add that I'd also like room for a few accessories - mainly a charger and a tablet, with an extra zippable pocket for a stylus - though I'd imagine most backpacks would have room for those things anyway. Netting for a water bottle might be nice too.

SLTE, Sep 3, 2015
    Diane Lane likes this.
  4. SLTE

Diane Lane

I've seen some nice ones on sale on eBay for good prices. I haven't looked in a couple of months, and didn't notice brand names in particular, nor was I paying attention to styles, but there seemed to be quite a few available.

Diane Lane, Sep 3, 2015
  5. SLTE

IcyBC

The water compartment is a fantastic idea to have, and I hope you will find the backpack you need soon.

By the way, the Eddie Bauer computer bag that I bought for my son had enough room for his charger, and organized pockets. I couldn't believe someone just tossed them out like that, but I am glad I found it :)

IcyBC, Sep 4, 2015
  6. SLTE

Sefie

Why don't you order yours from Ebay, you can find some really nice ones over there for a really good price. They come from China, so you have to wait for them to arrive, but I think they reach Canada quite fast, usually after 3 weeks or so.

Sefie, Sep 4, 2015
  7. SLTE

SLTE

Ehhh, I'm a bit leery from ordering things off of eBay. I've done so in the past and the results are a bit fifty-fifty. Sometimes good; sometimes... well, there have been email arguments, let's put it that way. If I was going that route I'd probably go with Amazon over eBay.

I'd also like to actually try the bag on, if I could. Don't want to order something and then find I hate it and have to send it back.

SLTE, Sep 7, 2015
  8. SLTE

Sefie

@SLTE Then I advice you to go to a local store ;) I also don't like to order this kind of things online, because nothing beats trying on the bag and checking the quality. So if you got a nearby Office Depot or something like that, then go there, they are not expensive at all over there.

Sefie, Sep 9, 2015
  9. SLTE

KimmyMarkks

I’m not too fussy either about my laptop bag. I just like to make sure the case is very sturdy as it tends to get banged around a lot. They definitely do make backpacks with special slots for your laptop. My collage provided them to us. I never used it because I rather just keep it in my bag. I would try searching on Amazon for one. Otherwise there are a lot of great styles of laptop bags out there. It’s really just whatever style you prefer.

KimmyMarkks, Nov 17, 2015
  10. SLTE

thess

They have a ton at Walmart that are really good. At least in my city they are. Look into that or Best Buy.

thess, Nov 29, 2015
  11. SLTE

remnant

I suppose the best fit for a laptop bag is the one that comes with it at the point of purchase. You can also get a good handcrafted item from artisans who would customise or soup it according your preferences. However, depending on the make or brand of your laptop, you can acquire cheap second hand cases from Ebay or Amazon.

remnant, Oct 6, 2016
  12. SLTE

djtech

Well, buy a bag from the same company that sold you the laptop. If you have a dell laptop, buy a dell bag. If not, then you've got a world of options. The best one I can think of is a simple swiss army laptop bag. It won't fall apart like your current bag. And it'll have plenty of space.

djtech, Oct 9, 2016
  13. SLTE

Karen Gordon

I think that it is a great thing to have a laptop bag if you are a student. It allows you to carry it around with you when you might need it for class. People who use their laptop a great deal may want to have one of these bags that will allow them to carry the supplies and utensils they need for class. I think it is something who's time has definitely come.

Karen Gordon, Oct 9, 2016
  14. SLTE

rz3300

Yep, having to carry that thing around really makes it worthwhile to have something good to carry it in. I know it also helps to have a lighter computer too. I had a big old thing and it was a pain, but I went to a Chromebook and I love how light the thing is.

rz3300, Oct 9, 2016
  15. SLTE

Fuzyon

Hewlett Packard makes incredible laptop bags, I bought one for $20 from them and it's really spacious and comfortable. It has enough padding that you don't even feel it pressing against your back. I can't find the exact model online but just check anything from them. They have a lot of pockets too, for all the peripherals.

Fuzyon, Oct 9, 2016
  16. SLTE

Corzhens

For a dynamic person, I guess a good backpack is a necessity. But for ordinary mortals like me, I still prefer to use the laptop bag because that is designed for that purpose which make the laptop safer than using another bag. Besides, putting the laptop inside a backpack may be uncomfortable to carry not to mention the risk of cracking the laptop when you hit your back with a hard object like the back of the seat. My suggestion is for you to get used to using the laptop bag or case.

Corzhens, Oct 10, 2016
Ask a Question