Kalyway 10.5.2 updated to 10.5.5 full guide

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by rory, Nov 26, 2008.

1. rory

rory

Tis guide is copied from insanelymac.com IT is written for the AAO though.
    This tutorial will help you Install Mac OS X to Acer Aspire One A150 from version 10.5.2 – 10.5.5
    WARNING !!! not for the faint hearted ( children don't try this at home )
    I have been doing a lot of trial and error on this just to get my AA1 work in Mac OS, but i guest my sacrifice has paid off, I thinks its safe to follow this tutorial :twisted:

Need fixing are the following :
    Touchpad Tap ( I'll try to recover the old 10.4.7 kext i have before since touchpad tap was working for my ECS laptop, I'll just update you once testing was OK )
    Wifi Atheros AR500EG ( Still trying to find ways to solve the issue )
    Sleep mode ( hmm not sure still looking for solution )

:!: Things you needed for this tutorial :
    - A DVD containing Kalyway 10.5.2 install (you can find this on the usual 'torrent sites')
    - The Kalyway 10.5.3 ComboUpdate (you can find this on the usual 'torrent sites')
    - The Official 10.5.4 DELTA update from here
    - The Official 10.5.5 update from here
    - Paul's Wind driver and utility pack here
    :!: place the above list on a USB stick or CD / DVD
    - An external DVD drive
    - Acer Aspire BIOS update here

How to update Acer Aspire One A150 BIOS
    Thanks to : machani for this link here I modified and posted the procedures below.
    1. You need a USB flash drive (SanDisk or any Generic brand)
    2. Make it bootable to DOS by following these instructions: http://macles.blogspot.com/2008/07/flashing-bios.html
    Follow this screenshoot when creating the bootable USB here
    (NOTE: The screenshot shows the Drive is /dev/sb1. This screenshot seems to be done from a Linux machine. From XP, the Drive shows up as D:\ or E:\. Verify that that is the correct drive letter for your USB flash drive).
    3. After you click OK, unzip the new BIOS files and copy the three files: 3304.bat, flashit.exe and ZG_3304.fd to the flash drive
    4. Leave the flash drive in the USB port, reboot, hit F12 at the initial boot prompt.
    5. Choose USB drive to boot
    6. It should bring you to a DOS screen choose number 5
    7. Change to the C: drive by typing: C: followed by ENTER
    8. Type: 3304
    (You need to have your laptop connected to external power supply or it won't work).
    9. When you reboot, hit F2 at the boot prompt and verify that your BIOS version is 3304
    :!: After updating your BIOS, enter BIOS setup and press F9 to 'restore best performance defaults'. This step is VITAL!

Step by Step - installing OSX on your AA1 A150
    1. Insert the Kalyway 10.5.2 disk into your external DVD drive, and plug it into your AA1
    2. Start your AA1, and press F12 when prompted to choose a boot device, select your DVD drive
    3. When prompted to hit a key to boot from CD/DVD, hit a key.... you'll see a ton of text scroll up the screen - just sit tight
    4. You'll next be presented with your language select screen. I imagine you want English, so just hit enter! It'll then sit doing 'Preparing Installation' for a while.
    5. When you get the 'Welcome' screen, don't hit continue straight away! Move your point to the 'Utilities' menu, and select 'Disk Utility'.
    6. When the Disk Utility application has loaded, click your main drive in the left hand pane (probably the very top entryis your HDD manufacturer's name')
    7. Click 'Partition' on the right hand pane.
    8. Under 'Volume Scheme', click '1 partition'. ( this varies on your desire on how many partition you want )
    9. Give your disk a nice name.
    10. Click 'Apply'
    11. Wait for it to do it's thing, then select 'Quit Disk Utility' from the 'Disk Utility' menu.
    12. You'll now be taken back to the installer welcome page. Click 'Continue'.
    13. Click 'Agree' when the legalese blurb pops up.
    14. Choose a destination drive - obviously the one you just partitioned! Click 'Continue'.
    15. Click 'Customize'.
    16. Completely uncheck 'Language Translations'.
    17. Expand 'Kernels' and select ONLY 'kernel_9.2speedstep'
    18. Expand 'Graphics_Drivers', expand 'Intel_GMA' and select ONLY 'GMA950'
    19. Completely uncheck 'Audio_Drivers'.
    20. Expand 'Networks_Drivers'. and select ONLY 'RTL1000'.
    21. Completely uncheck 'Mobo_Chipsets'.
    22. Completely uncheck 'Thirds_Applications'. ( I choose some applications which I have used before but if you are a 1st time Mac user need you need uncheck this area )
    23. completely uncheck 'Patches'.
    24. Click 'Done'
    25. Click 'Install' and go and make yourself a cup of tea! ( nice one Paul :lol!: )
    26. :!: The install will now take place, if you want to speed it up, you can 'Skip' the installation DVD check.
    28. When the 'Install Succeeded' screen appears, eject the install DVD and hit 'Restart'.
    29. OS will now start up for the first time, and take you through the setup wizard.
    30. When you have booted into OSX for the first time, goto drive name > applications > Utililities > Terminal
    31. Insert the disk containing the Kalyway 10.5.3 update in a USB or CD
    32. Run '1_Kalyway_UpdCombo10.5.3.pkg' this wil upgrade the system from 10.5.2 to 10.5.3 and step through the installation process. Do NOT hit restart when prompted!
    33. After the above install has completed, run '2_kalyway_10.5.3_kernel.pkg' and step through the installation process. Select the 'vallina_kernel_9.3' kernel.
    34. Restart your AA1.
    35. When prompted to do so, press F8 to interrupt the Darwin startup.
    36. Type 'update -v' (without the quotes obviously), and press enter. Your AA1 may reboot a couple of times during this update process. Don't panic!
    37. When you have booted back into OSX, insert the disk containing the 10.5.4 update.
    38. Double click the 'MacOSXUpd10.5.4.dmg' to mount the image.
    39. After the image has mounted, run 'MacOSXUpd10.5.4.pkg' and step through the installation process.
    40. When prompted press F8 and use "-v" to boot without quotes ( a lot of text msg comming out dont worry system will boot it self soon )
    41. When you have booted back into OSX, insert the disk containing the 10.5.5 update.
    42. Double click the 'MacOSXUpd10.5.5.dmg' to mount the image.
    43. After the image has mounted, run 'MacOSXUpd10.5.5.pkg' and step through the installation process.

Installing Sound Drivers
    1. Insert the disk containing the Wind driver and utility pack.
    2. Select the 'Sound' directory
    3. Double click on AzaliaAudio.pkg and go through the installation wizard and restart.
    4. Download ALC268FIX from here http://rapidshare.com/files/126062908/ALC268FIX.zip
    5. Run ALC268Installer 1 but Do not restart !
    6. BEFORE restarting delete /System/Library/Extensions/ALCInject.kext
    7. Use Paul's Kext Helper b7 to install HDAEnabler.kext
    4. Fix Permissions with Disk Utility (launch Disk Utility, select your partition and then click on "Repair Disk Permissions" in the "First Aid" tab). and Restart.
    5. Goto System Preferences > Sound > make sure that Internal Speakers is selected in Play alerts and Sound effects through
    6. Now sound should work

Fixing the About this MAC
    1. Goto Paul's Wind Driver Utility Pack
    2. under Utilities
    3. Double click on About this Mac.pkg and follow the instructions
    4. no need to restart, you can check is changes are made by following the quote above
    It should say : Processor Intel Atom CPU [email protected]

Installing Video Card Intel GMA 945 with 1024x600 resolution my Fab.
    1. run Kext Helper B7 from your Application Folder
    2. open Paul's Wind Driver Utility Pack
    3. select ONLY AppleIntelGMA950.kext, AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext, AppleSMBIOS.kext, ClamshellDisplay.kext and Natit.kext
    4. drag to Kext Helper B7
    5. enter your password and click EASY INSTALL
    6. Fix Permissions with Disk Utility (launch Disk Utility, select your partition and then click on "Repair Disk Permissions" in the "First Aid" tab). and Restart.
    7. after restart you can now change your LCD resolution from 600x800 to 1024x600
    Fixing Internal Microphone ( Thanks to StickMAC™ ) for the kext compilation from iDeneb_v1.3_10.5.5_ISO.
    1. Download StickMAC kext compilation file at this link >> http://www.mediafire.com/?vmwyyzdmh3y
    2. unzip the file
    3. open kext helper and drag and drop AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler.kext
    4. type in password and click EASY Install
    5. to be safe Open Terminal
    6. type "sudo diskutil repairpermissions /" without ""
    7. reboot AAO
    Fixed :
    - Auto Switching from Internal Speaker to headphone
    - Internal Microphone receiving excellently

With regards to touchpad tap Thanks to BurnZcodE
    Just go to System Preferences...Keyboard & Mouse...Trackpad...at trackpad gestures, Check clicking...
    touchpad tap /double tap and dragging should work by now.

I also found solution on the Mirror Issue you may download the pkg file from this link
    http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php? ... ntry913715 Thanks to kamikaze for sharing the file
    I have tested the pkg works great.

Some useful Tools for your new AA1 Mac OS X 10.5.5
    X86 Tools utilities by : ~pcwiz click this link
    Google the ff :
    VLC for Mac - Video Player
    Adium - Chat/Messenger for MAC works with MSN, Yahoo and many more accounts
    MAC the Ripper - rip Video DVD
    Onyx - maintenance tools
    Pacifist - Extract dmg files
    SimplyBurns - Mac CD/DVD burner
    StuffIt - its like winzip
    MacFuse & NTFS-3g - enables you to read & write on a NTFS file format partition

For Desktop Eyecandy Google for
    - desktop manager for MAC
    [/quote]

Quoted from this thread at forum.insanelymac.com http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=129774 say thanks to the OP there, not me
    and if the OP is here, please say and ill update with thanks
    Rory

rory, Nov 26, 2008
  2. rory

jermzkill

make one for iAtkos :*(

jermzkill, Nov 27, 2008
  3. rory

rory

there is one

rory, Nov 27, 2008
  4. rory

jermzkill

really? where is it at? it isn't on the iAtoks OP

jermzkill, Nov 27, 2008
  5. rory

rory

rory, Nov 27, 2008
  6. rory

jermzkill

is it really? ive been reading that thread for a month now and haven't seen anything about 10.5.5 full guide install or even 10.5.5 simple install. I just did a little browsing to make sure and couldn't find anything... could you tell me what page it's on

jermzkill, Nov 27, 2008
  7. rory

rory

oh skeen, I tought you meant a general iatkos guide...
    Erm, no idea about iatkos 10.5.5
    could be worth trying a combo update with the "script" that deletes appleintelcpupowermanagement running
    I tried that before and it nuked my install. but it also did that on this install of kalyway the first time, but second time it was fine, exact same process both times...
    or you could go here and try the pre and post update patches http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=109102
    Rory

rory, Nov 27, 2008
Ask a Question