Is there a way to logout of your Google account on your phone remotely?

Discussion in 'Android' started by rootle, Jul 22, 2016.

1. rootle

rootle

I have an old phone lying around in my house which is miles away from where I am. I may even have given it to someone else. Is there a way that I can logout of my account on that phone from where I am?

rootle, Jul 22, 2016
  2. rootle

Vyom Srivastava

If you can lognin to your Gmail, then you can remotely logout by the following steps:-

1. Login to your Gmail.

2. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you can see “account details”

3. Click “Details”

4. You will see all the active sessions.

5. Click “Sign out of all web sessions”.

Now the above steps allows you to logout from all the devices and therefore you have to login again in all those devices to gain the access to your account.

Vyom Srivastava, Jul 22, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  3. rootle

hades_leae

Are you talking about disconnecting your google account from your phone, because I don't think that you can remotely do that.

I did a hard reset, and learned that google does not want to go away because of the security feature, I forgot the name, but they don't like letting their consumers get rid of them that easily. Now as far as logging out of a session on another device, yes you can do this.

They do a good job with telling people what device accessed their account and letting you logout on that device, but not the actual device the account is linked to.

hades_leae, Jul 22, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  4. rootle

IBMPC8088

If you have a rooted phone, you can use a VNC based solution that runs in the background of the phone that can perform tasks like that.

If you need to remotely connect to an unrooted phone wirelessly over its WiFi, or with the always-on 3G or 4G mobile network as its internet provider, you can use Mobizen for that with most phones (whether they are rooted or unrooted; mobizen gets around the unrooted phones by using a go-between server, much how LogMeIn and TeamViewer make it possible to connect remotely to desktops by using a server that uses reverse-connections from their software client). You'd have to remotely control your phone from a laptop with Mobizen, but the program is free. You just install the receiver on the mobile phone, and use the VNC-like connection program of Mobizen from your PC to connect and do things in realtime as long as the phone is on. You'd be able to log yourself out of it remotely that way even if you had to click on the logout button from the settings menu, or start a mobile-based browser of Firefox, Opera, or Chrome to log yourself out of those.

IBMPC8088, Jul 25, 2016
  5. rootle

rootle

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Yeah I am talking about disconnecting my Google account from my phone remotely. Is that possible with Vyom's method? Yeah I don't know if I will ever see that phone again to be honest so I'd like to be able to be sure no one can access my account.

rootle, Jul 25, 2016
Ask a Question