iphones 'disabled' if apple detects third-party repairs

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by something back, Feb 5, 2016.

1. something back

something back

something back, Feb 5, 2016
  2. something back

Ian Administrator

Ouch, that doesn't seem fair at all - I know loads of people that have had their screens / buttons replaced by 3rd parties.

I imagine this will cause a huge problem for Apple in time, if it's as widespread as it sounds like it could be!

Ian, Feb 6, 2016
  3. something back

something back

These are my own personal thoughts on the subject.

I can personally see lots of problems with this, it could be Apples ( Volkswagen moment )

Don't the USA sue at the drop of a hat?

The problems I foresee are, would the software update be considered a destructive
    piece of software, see your phone would have been in working order, before the software
    being installed.

Is Apple making itself a Monopoly by only allowing itself to repair the phones.

The main problem being the loss to business people being unable to retrieve their contacts
    without reverting back to Apple.

something back, Feb 6, 2016
    Ian likes this.
  4. something back

Sefie

Woah, they are a really greedy bunch, aren't they? Lovey way to make business! Sure way to lose millions in the long run, unless they stop doing business this way..

Sefie, Feb 7, 2016
  5. something back

IcyBC

Oh boy, this left such a bad taste, and Apple will get a bunch of unhappy customers! Phone breaks all the time, and often people looks for affordable places to have it fixed. I, myself, had a broken screen replaced by a repair shop two years ago. They can't monopolize the market like this. Bad, bad Apple!!

IcyBC, Feb 7, 2016
Ask a Question