Internet Is Growing Market for Illegal Drugs, Says EU Watchdog

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sefie, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Sefie

Sefie

The Internet is now a growing and varied market place for trading illegal drugs in Europe, the European Union's watchdog agency said on Thursday.

"Almost any kind of illegal drug can be bought today on the Internet and delivered by mail, with no face-to-face contact between buyer and dealer," said Dimitris Avramopoulos, the European commissioner for migration, home affairs and citizenship.

He called on Europe to "attack the problem head-on" and reduce the online drug supply.

The report, by the European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction (EMCDDA), aims to shed light on the world of online drugs market.

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/internet/ne...ket-for-illegal-drugs-says-eu-watchdog-801511

Sefie, Feb 14, 2016
  2. Sefie

IBMPC8088

Walgreens, CVS, and Walmart are the 3 biggest offenders of this with their online pharmacies. Then there's all those Canadian and offshore RX sites. This has been going on since the mid 1990's at least. The market has always been there just as seedy back-alleyways have. I wonder why the EU is trying to bring back focus at it once again at this particular point in time?

IBMPC8088, Feb 15, 2016
  3. Sefie

Sefie

I'm surprised to read people can now buy cocaine and heroin online via encryption software o_O What a way to make such a bad use of modern technology. It's a shame. To be honest I no longer trust the EU government, they say one thing, then do another. Look at the migrant crisis. Some countries are already bankrupt... Sweden is.

Sefie, Feb 15, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  4. Sefie

IBMPC8088

Yes, there has and will probably always be a version of the dark web around for people to do things like that. It wouldn't surprise me if the EU and other countries were profiting from that while trying to exclude others to make sure there's plenty for themselves. Even if they phase out one way of doing it, they always phase in another.

IBMPC8088, Feb 15, 2016
  5. Sefie

IcyBC

I can't even buy my contact lenses online without the company calling my doctor for approval, but others can buy drugs? There is something wrong with this picture! Not that I am interested in this sort of things, but that is a big shock to know.

IcyBC, Feb 16, 2016
Ask a Question