iAtkos v5i Install and Issues Full guide Now With 10.5.6

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by rory, Dec 4, 2008.

1. rory

blueillusion

I have a couple of questions.
    I successfully installed leopard and upgraded to 10.5.6 using the xxx-install disc and these instructions.
    for some reason i cant burn iatkos v5i in windows or a hackintosh. i dont know if it;s the iso or my dvd writer itself, but it writes for a couple of seconds and then dies. I burned the xxx-install disc perfectly fine however and i did re-download iatkos v5i to make sure it wasnt corrupted on download.

Besides that, have any of you figured a way to turn down the fan speed? It seesm that the fan is running quite loudly even though the system feels quite cool. I just dont want the fan to die on me.

blueillusion, Dec 19, 2008
  2. rory

anvil

don't know whats up with the buning issue but have you tried to upgrade to the latest firmware, its said to address the fan speed issue.

anvil, Dec 19, 2008
  3. rory

Scooter

Carlisle_United,

I am by no means an expert here - so please take my advice with a strong grain of salt!!

I had the exact same error you did. I wanted to keep WinXP on my Acer One "Just in case I wanted to return it to BestBuy"...

I got the same boot error when I loaded OSX on it.

I got rid of the error by using Disk Utility and making my 160GB hard drive ONE partition (yes - removing the small partition Acer placed there to perform a restore). I ensured that I selected GUID from the advanced menu.

Once I converted my drive to one partition my Acer took OSX and the rest of the installation went fairly smoothly.

Hope this helps.

Kelly

Scooter, Dec 19, 2008
  4. rory

PhyrePhox

Before you reinstall everything, try searching the InsanelyMac forums for this "boot0:error". I'm sure it's a partition problem, not just a AAO problem, so they may have a fix.
    http://www.insanelymac.com/

PhyrePhox, Dec 19, 2008
  5. rory

carlisle_united

Ok i'll give it a try...

But how on earth do i get back in to win?
    have in mind that my hackintosh skills are not even a day old so I needa for dummies guide here guys.
    right now I have a stylish pink paper weight.

carlisle_united, Dec 19, 2008
  6. rory

PhyrePhox

You wiped out your Windows setup, replaced it with Mac OS, which isn't working, so no OS loads. You can fix Mac OS to start properly, but you will need to search for How-to guides here and on InsanelyMac.

To get back to Windows, you'll need to use the recovery disks (or the recovery function from Acer-check your manual-, provided that you didn't erase it when you installed Mac OS). If you search around here, you may find that some people didn't get recovery disks, and figured out another solution. If you can't recover Windows, maybe one of their solutions will work for you.

Lastly, Mac OS on the AAO isn't for a newbie. Actually, hackintoshes in general aren't for newbies either. Maybe you can go back to Windows or install a linux flavor you are familiar with until you can get a handle on installing Mac OS, and then install it as a dual boot so you won't lose your existing OS install. Even if you get Mac OS installed, you'll have trouble with WiFi, sleeping, the cardreaders, the sound, etc. etc.

PhyrePhox, Dec 19, 2008
  7. rory

carlisle_united

Oh no no...
    Win or linux isn't an option for me... Im a hardcore mac user, haven't used anything else since 97.
    As long as I get it to boot i'm pretty sure I can get it to work.
    I know my way round OSX like the back of my hand (well atleast on original OSX).
    I was planing to have it as a dualboot with win.

Ok I got one disc with the computer so I try to boot it from there.
    I did not delete the partion with the recovery... even though I got that as an possible explenation for the boot0:error.

8. rory

rory

Go to insanelymac.com and search for boot0 error.
    Thats your best bet rather than summaries of those guides here

rory, Dec 19, 2008
  9. rory

rory

Boot with the install DVD in, go to disk utility and see what partition your OS X is on.
    Then reboot onto the dvd again, but at darwin, press F8 then -s and enter
    when it loads to a terminal type screen type this
    fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0
    flag X (Where X is the number of partition os x is on)
    quit
    reboot

Now take out the DVD before it boots it, or choose the HDD from F12

Now you should have booting OS X

And before you ask about how to do it with a USB stick, just replace DVD with USB stick.

Rory

rory, Dec 19, 2008
  10. rory

PhyrePhox

Rory saves the day again!

Seriously, this forum is a great place for AAO information, but running OS X on non-Apple hardware is very different than running it on a Mac. And, the folks at InsanelyMac eat, sleep, and breathe hackintosh. Go there for real, useful, detailed information on getting this working, then you can come back here if you need info that is specific to the AAO.

PhyrePhox, Dec 19, 2008
  11. rory

stickdoctor

wish I knew what I was doing wrong - I have downloaded xXx10.5.5 4 times and it has failed checksum everytime. I have downloaded iatKos twice and it has failed checksum both times as well.

I have no idea why I apparently can't download anything with corrupting it, or if there are a lot of corrupted chunks out there in bittorrent land. Suggestions would be welcome at this point as to the likeliest sources of my problem as I have not been able to find any info online of relevance to my particular circumstances.

stickdoctor, Dec 19, 2008
  12. rory

rory

Ignore the checksum and try installing
    If you have had a wrong checksum 6 times, i really dont think you could have corrupted it every time.

rory, Dec 19, 2008
  13. rory

carlisle_united

Cheers!

I'll give this a try when I get back from work...
    I actualy gave that a shoot last night but i was to tired to actualy realise that i could use the disc utility to find out what partion to flag.

14. rory

carlisle_united

Sorry i'll have ha closer look there.
    Just thought that this would be a better forum for me to start from... Plus it had the better guide.

15. rory

derekboy

I really hope no one has asked this yet i just got up to page 10 and stopped reading :roll:

well currently i have 3 partions with xp vista and a blank one with mac

ive followed your guide to the t and i always have the install stopping at the begging saying that it could no expand "10.5.5 intell" the disk has been verified after burning and verified by mac before install ive also checked the hash of the iso and it matches up with the iatoks hash from their website so i am at a loss i also don't have a bootloader right now but i'm not to worried about that since i've read that it can easily be fixed. plllllz help me!

derekboy, Dec 19, 2008
  16. rory

carlisle_united

Got it running... Well almost. After the first reboot when installed the first set of kext it freeze at the startup screen.
    But im sure the solution is within the forum.

17. rory

blueillusion

i upgraded to the latest v3309 bios, but the fan is still relatively loud. any other suggestions?

blueillusion, Dec 19, 2008
  18. rory

derekboy

Well I checked the Md5 and it was matching the one on the website...

I also burned the iAtkos v5i three times and none worked, even the one I burned at 1x!!

Now I'm re-downloading the v5i and also v4 to see if any work.

I got the Vista bootloader to work after booting into Ultimate Boot CD and opening the Boot Loader Config. Seeing that it didn't help me I booted into the Install CD and opened Terminal and typed the shell listed in above posts.

~Derek

derekboy, Dec 19, 2008
  19. rory

berzerkus

sorry if this was covered already, but I wasn't about to read all 12 pages.

If you keep having to type cpus=1 at darwin boot like I did, than do the following

open Terminal (Go-Utilities-Terminal)
    sudo su
    (type user password)
    pico /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist
    (Write under Kernel flags, between <string></string>)
    cpus=1

(should look like this)
    <key>Kernal Flags</key>
    <string>cpus=1</string>

Then Press CTRL+X, Y,then Enter

berzerkus, Dec 19, 2008
  20. rory

carlisle_united

There!
    Works like a charm now...
    Do you think is worth installing the kext for the Cardreaders or should I wait?

Now it's just a wifi card I need...

carlisle_united, Dec 20, 2008
Ask a Question