iAtkos v5i Install and Issues Full guide Now With 10.5.6

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by rory, Dec 4, 2008.

1. rory

Lexcorp

Re: iAtkos v5i Install and Issues Full guide now complete

Do you press Fn + F7?

Lexcorp, Dec 7, 2008
  2. rory

mfds

Iatkos 5i installed and working... thanks for this great tutorial!
    Just one major issue...
    There is a internal mic to choose in system pref., but all it gives me is static noise... it does not work, cant record anything or use it in ichat or skype... or with my fav. recording application, Audio Recorder... I have a usb pen that works... but was really hopeful that this new install wold fix that.
    If anyone is able to get anything else from their mic besides static noise, please show me the way :)....

mfds, Dec 7, 2008
  3. rory

singlemaltscotch

This guide works. Needed cpus=1. I got tired of typing it in, and installed the voodoo kernel. Seems to work quite well. Cheers! :mrgreen:

singlemaltscotch, Dec 8, 2008
  4. rory

jermzkill

thankYOU someone finally answered if the mic works with iChat... and it doesn't. lame. I'll get to this update eventually then.

jermzkill, Dec 8, 2008
  5. rory

wst_75

thank you very much for your useful guide for installing MAC OSX on ACER ONE. I have a problem. could you help? I have downloaded iAtkos v.5i (10.5.2) and followed the guide but in customization section, i did not find most of the customized setting mentioned in the guide (such as Expand bootloaders: Select "PC EFI V9", Expand X86Patches In Decrypters Select Apple Decrypt). When i finished installation of the DVD, the boot menu showed three partitions; the first is acer recover partation, the second is Win xp, and the third is MAC. when i select MAC partation, nothing happens. if i press Win XP, it runs properly.

Could you help as i have downloaded two versions of MAC OSX (Kalawy and IATKOs),

Thank you,

wst_75, Dec 8, 2008
  6. rory

rory

I think you have the wrong installer.
    iakos v5 is 10.5.5 not 10.5.2
    Rory

rory, Dec 8, 2008
  7. rory

iowayank

This concerns the boot message about garbage in the sleepimage and hibernation that I kept seeing after installing v5i using rory's (excellent!) guide... and how I saved 1.5Gb of disk space.

The default install seems to leave the hibernation/sleep mode for Leopard in the default state - that is, on shutdown (forget about sleeping, of course!) the system makes a copy of all RAM (1.5Gb in my case) in a file called /var/vm/sleepimage that (in capable machines) preserves the RAM state for restoration upon waking up. This is great if you have a machine that supports it - but our Ones don't. But we don't need it...

It appears that you can safely remove the sleepimage file and free up that amount of space. However, if you don't disable the part of the system that copies RAM on shutdown, it will reappear on your next boot. There are lots of threads about how to disable this feature, for example here:
    http://forum.insanelymac.com/lofiversio ... 3-250.html
    but see
    http://db.tidbits.com/article/9090
    for more details.

Since this is my first post I want to give huge thanks to rory for sharing all that work with iAtkos_V5i, SbM before that, whose guide for iAtkos_V4i got me started, and the rest of this forum's community!

iowayank, Dec 8, 2008
  8. rory

rory

Wow, thanks for the info. I wondered what that was, and had read it somewhere on insanelymac but didnt really care or remember what it was. But thanks for the info, I wouldn't mind an extra 1.5gb, especially as I dual boot windows no.
    Rory

rory, Dec 8, 2008
  9. rory

nocturne1

I would just feel dirty having windows next to OS X. After all, I went through all of the steps to have an exorcism to remove all traces of the evil XP from my system and replace it with a pure, good, OS X operating system. ;) :D

nocturne1, Dec 8, 2008
  10. rory

rory

I do mate, but I need it for Matlab and Solid Edge (Programming and CAD software) and lthough I can get matlab for OS X, I'd rather use it in Windows because it's quicker. Plus I can't get SE for Mac.
    I use Mac for everything else though. Might install Office 07 on Windows and then use Mac exclusively for the web and media: exactly what netbooks were intended for.
    Rory

rory, Dec 8, 2008
  11. rory

tha_rukus

I am having the same issues. After install following OP's instructions, machine reboots and shows Boot0: error. I would love to try the cpus=1 switch, but I don't get a Darwin screen. I have tried to reinstall with the voodoo kernel and have the same issue. Please help as this is driving me crazy! I should also state that I have 2 partitions, 1st is XP professional, which was working properly prior to OS X install. 2nd is dedicated to OS X. Cannot boot to XP either, as no bootloader shows.

tha_rukus, Dec 8, 2008
  12. rory

rory

Boot with the DVD in the drive, and boot to the DVD using F12.
    At the DVD Darwin, type "-s" and press ente
    It will not load a proper GUI, its just a sort of pre boot terminal (Well thats how I use it anyway)
    Wait till it stops loading, and it should say something like
    bash 3.2#>
    now type this:
    fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0 [press enter]
    flag 2 [Where 2 is the partition number os x is on, a different number if its a different partition. you could also try flagging the xp partition and booting to that][Press Enter]
    write [Press enter]
    update [Press enter]
    quit [Press enter]

Hope that helps
    rory
    reboot [Press enter]

rory, Dec 8, 2008
  13. rory

tha_rukus

Thank you rory for your very fast reply. I have followed the steps. Flagging partition 1, I can now get XP to boot again. Flagging partition2 (OSX) I no longer get the error message I was before, but still no boot. It now sits at a black screen with a blinking cursor at the top left. No keyboard input works at this point.

Thanks again for your help!

tha_rukus, Dec 8, 2008
  14. rory

rory

Boot the iatkos install dvd normally, and only select a bootloader. that should solve the booting problems. well booting into os x anyway.
    then you will be able to sort out booting xp from there if the os x bootloader screws up.
    Rory

rory, Dec 8, 2008
  15. rory

Famous

Hi,

i installed iAtkos v5i, but i allway get the Kernel-Panic at startup after installation, cpus=1 has no effect. :?

Famous :)

Famous, Dec 8, 2008
  16. rory

Lexcorp

What kernel are you using? Do you try to install Voodoo Kernel?

Lexcorp, Dec 9, 2008
  17. rory

releaseyourself

Hi,

I just have a few questions regarding iatkos v5i that i have just installed.

I have followed rorys instructions but i think i may have done something wrong at the erase and partition bit.
    I only wanted to install osx but i think linpus is still on there as the HD states 111gb with 105gb available? Does you think that linpus is still on the HD?

Also how do i get the acer one to boot into osx without typing cpus=1 everytime?

Can i also delete some of the rory application pack from the HD like insomnia x and any others?

Sorry i am new to this :D

releaseyourself, Dec 9, 2008
  18. rory

nunomeneses

Can I install Osx on AAO 110 8Gb SSD?

nunomeneses, Dec 9, 2008
  19. rory

rory

reboot onto the install disc and select the voodoo kernel, alternatively edit com.apple.boot.plist (google for a how to)

rory, Dec 9, 2008
  20. rory

rory

yes i guess so, will have about 1gb free though

rory, Dec 9, 2008
Ask a Question