iAtkos v5i Install and Issues Full guide Now With 10.5.6

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by rory, Dec 4, 2008.

1. rory

anvil

Installing this package will enable external video support, I am currently posting this using my second monitor running at 1280x1024 w/Millions of colors.

http://www.mediafire.com/?gd1mmewdyvc

anvil, Jan 11, 2009
  2. rory

anvil

anvil, Jan 11, 2009
  3. rory

mjmurray

Anvil, thanks for this link, I was also having issues with the native resolution of my external monitor not showing in my Display Settings.

With this patch, I'm able to see the native resolution, and to select it. However my preferences are not being saved when I reboot, and I'm forced to go back into preferences, select Detect Displays, and then it shows up. Not insurmountable, but also not very tidy.

Do you have any more information on this package? Is there something else I need to tweak?

TIA,

MJMurray

mjmurray, Jan 11, 2009
  4. rory

ahovis

Be very careful here. I installed and my trackpad is not usable anymore and there seems no way to remove. If anyone can help please let me know.

ahovis, Jan 12, 2009
  5. rory

J.A

I did the manual install of this pkg installer and it did not work for me and from what I remember the only file that is replaced is the "ApplePS2Controller.kext". The other files are just added to your system. If you have a copy of your ApplePS2Controller.kext, then all you should have to do to get back to your original state is replace the above file with your original and remove the files that were added. I attached a screen shot of the pkg installer screen which shows the files that are added/replaced. Hope this helps.

FYI: I just used this pkg installer and after a reboot my 2 finger scroll options appear and seems to be working fine.

J.A, Jan 12, 2009
  6. rory

ahovis

Thanks, got it back to normal now. Did some reading and this is not for the Acer but a replacement for Apple Notebooks only.

ahovis, Jan 12, 2009
  7. rory

J.A

Yeah after I used the pkg, which install fined with no errors or issues, I dont know that all of the 2 finger controls actually work. I will keep playing around with it some more to see if it indeed will add this option to our Ones.

J.A, Jan 12, 2009
  8. rory

anvil

anvil, Jan 15, 2009
  9. rory

colincliff

after installing osx and the new voodoo kernal i'm also trying to work out if i have speedstep running. In the activity monitor i seem to have two graphs running at the bottom, but there is not current mhz running in the menubar at the top of the screen. does this need to be activated?

colincliff, Jan 21, 2009
  10. rory

ahovis

To get speedstep running you need to go here: http://www.superhai.com/darwin.html and download the VoodooPower kext and the GenericCPUPowerManagement Application. Install the kext as usual and the run the application and you will see a very nice graphical representation of the processor speed, cpu temperature, and power usage. Hyperthreading and speed control are not the same. Works like a charm. Discussion thread is here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php? ... 43898&st=0

ahovis, Jan 21, 2009
  11. rory

colincliff

thanks for this, works fine and shows altered mhz speed in cpu-x. the only thing i have noticed is that i am no longer able to play songs in iTunes due to the stuttering as i presume the clock speed changes. Is this a side effect of throttling or can it be helped?

colincliff, Jan 22, 2009
  12. rory

iPierre

How did it work out? Does it boot around 30 seconds from when Apple logo shows up or is it as slow as 2 minutes?

Great thread btw!

iPierre, Jan 22, 2009
  13. rory

lstdonsldr

I have tried to do this a few times new. This is the ONLY reason I purchased a AAO. Here is my problem. I have purchased an external Drive, it works fine under windows. But when I start up the AAO with the iAtkos disc in, and boot from that Disc, it reads it for a minute, then boots into windows. I cannot even get the OSX install to start. At all! PLEASE HELP

lstdonsldr, Feb 7, 2009
  14. rory

lstdonsldr

Hello, I have read your guide, and it is excellent. I have got everything installed, but I have no keyboard or mouse. I can plug in USB ones and they work, but nothing built in works. Please help

lstdonsldr, Feb 7, 2009
  15. rory

rory

You need to install appleps2keyboard.kext using kext helper

rory, Feb 8, 2009
  16. rory

Takato

Just downloaded iAtkos v5i. Install runs perfectly, everything runs normal in my AAO SSD8GB 1.5B RAM. The system is quickly, and no significative slow down the speed. I follow the guide of a blog and i have SDHC card readers, sound and video with Quartz Extreme graphic motor. The only thing that i don't can install are a USB 3G Modem.

Thanks!!

Takato, Feb 11, 2009
  17. rory

simonywong

HI..I Am new to here...

Anyone have this problem?I have an external bluetooth and I followed Rory's direction, everything fine. Bluetooth is working. until I installed the audio part 2, then the bluetooth stopped working, and the "Above this MAC" has error. Once I took out all the kext for audio part 2 and reinstall the audio part one, everything works again....

Just want to know if there's a way to fix this problem.

simonywong, Mar 1, 2009
Ask a Question