HP Pavilion - monitor failing

Discussion in 'HP / Compaq' started by Kenneth Johnson, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Kenneth Johnson

Kenneth Johnson

I am experiencing a problem with my HP Pavilion laptop.
    Every time I close the lid or shut it down, the monitor fails. Whenever I turn it on after closing lid or shutting down, the machine seems to turn on and run, but the monitor fails to turn on. (The speaker and wireless button are "red" too where the wouldn't be normally.)
    I can get it to work only by removing battery, draining excess charge, and then hooking up my TV as a monitor. This makes the laptop monitor come back. This only works every other time too. Sometimes it requires multiple attempts. As of this writing, I can not get even this temporary fix to work.
    Please help! Advice?
    It seems like something must be failing. What component might that be and how would I go about fixing it?

Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
    Kenneth Johnson, Jul 19, 2016
  2. Kenneth Johnson

Corzhens

I'm sure you have checked the power setting. But anyway, it seems to me that it is more of the setting than a hardware thing. But if it is the monitor that's manifesting the problem then my only recourse is to bring it to the tech. My laptop is an official issue of our company so getting it fixed is no problem since we have a technical department to handle the repairs. But I understand that for an individual, it would cost you money to bring it to the repair shop.

Corzhens, Jul 19, 2016
  3. Kenneth Johnson

Kenneth Johnson

I have not checked the power setting. What is that and how?

Kenneth Johnson, Jul 19, 2016
Ask a Question