How many have you had?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Charles Franklin, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Charles Franklin

Charles Franklin

If you can recall, how many laptops have you had over your lifetime?

Bonus Question: How many laptops do you think the average person goes through in their lifetime?

Charles Franklin, Mar 14, 2014
  2. Charles Franklin

mikelouis

Personally I have had only two. It tend to buy macbooks which can stay like forever without spoiling. This is why I just love them. My first one I stayed with it for five years before buying another one this year.

mikelouis, Mar 15, 2014
    IcyBC likes this.
  3. Charles Franklin

gadgetised

I have had about 5 or 6. I go through them pretty quickly. I went through about 4 Windows laptops. They just kept breaking on me. And I have had one Macbook Pro and a Macbook Air that I just sold. Going to get a new one soon.

gadgetised, Mar 15, 2014
  4. Charles Franklin

Charles Franklin

I've been through 3, all Windows laptops (HP mini, Acer Aspire, and Acer Chromebook). I'm looking for another one because I only planned to use Chromebook until I saved up the money for an even better Windows laptop.

Charles Franklin, Mar 15, 2014
  5. Charles Franklin

Sefie

I'm 27 and so far I have only had 2 laptops and 3 PCs. I got my first laptop back in 2009, it was a Toshiba Satellite. Just some weeks ago I got my second laptop, because the old one was getting too hot lately and it made weird noises from time to time. I'm sometimes thinking I made a mistake by buying this laptop. But oh well, this one is lighter and makes no sounds :)

As for the bonus question... I'd guess maybe 4 or 5?

Sefie, Mar 16, 2014
  6. Charles Franklin

Jazma96

So far I only had 3 I'm on my 3rd one now. Throughout a lifetime I think a person goes through about 6 laptops. The older you get the more responsible you get. So you tend to take more care of them than you would have when you were younger.

Jazma96, Apr 1, 2014
  7. Charles Franklin

skywatcher

I've only had one (this one), and I'm not planning on buy one soon. If ever this one dies, I'm going to revert back to my good ol' desktop upstairs, haha

skywatcher, Apr 2, 2014
  8. Charles Franklin

mmmaske

I've had two.

That reminds me! I loaned it out to someone and they haven't returned it yet. Really getting on my nerves now, I've been asking them for it for a long time now! It was just a sluggish netbook, but still. I bet the battery is all shot by now. RIP my Samsung netbook. You're sorely missed. :(

mmmaske, May 15, 2014
  9. Charles Franklin

MandyMarieB

I believe I personally have had 3 different laptops. When I was still living at home, I used the family laptop as well. So I guess four total!

MandyMarieB, Sep 21, 2015
  10. Charles Franklin

jamesbonner

Well for me, I only had one laptop and I still have it till now, I bought HP 625 laptop in summer of 2011, I still have it for now and using it without any problems :) and I love it
    I think normal people show own about 4-6 laptops in lifetime

jamesbonner, Sep 21, 2015
  11. Charles Franklin

Sefie

@MandyMarieB Wow, you have had so many laptops! I remember back when I was a teen, and I had a PC. I thought laptops were the most fancy thing ever, hahahaha! I thought I'd never have one, now I've two.. one of them is going to die anytime now and the other might be with me for other 5 years.

Sefie, Sep 22, 2015
  12. Charles Franklin

IcyBC

I am on my third one, but I am older than the hill :) My first two laptops were HP Pavillion. One needs fixing, and the one lasted for 7 years. Currently, I am using MacBook Air and I hope this laptop will last me for a long time.

IcyBC, Sep 22, 2015
  13. Charles Franklin

thess

I had one from my high school they gave to every student so I didn't keep it. And after that I have only had 3 all together.

thess, Oct 31, 2015
  14. Charles Franklin

Krissttina Isobe

:oops:Enjoyed reading all your posts. I've yet to buy a laptop of my own. I borrow netbooks from the library. I am always on the waiting list, so I get to borrow one every 2 months or so. It's too small, but free to use so I get used to it. I would like to get a laptop or some kind of computer soon though. Learning here about laptops is great! :)

Krissttina Isobe, Dec 1, 2015
  15. Charles Franklin

tomz10

I've only had two. About to get a new one this year. But i think the average person will go through 5 - 6 laptops in their life time. Unless you're a person who likes to update often or one who damages their laptops often haha!

tomz10, Feb 24, 2016
  16. Charles Franklin

cluckeyo

I have owned 4 so far and that has been in the last 15 years. 2 of these are new that I just bought. My last one lasted 8 years, it was a Dell and I thought that was pretty good. I am curious to see how long my new HP's last.

cluckeyo, Aug 7, 2016
  17. Charles Franklin

abonnen

I am 25 and so far I have been through, about 6 or 7 laptops, I use them ALOT and I will admit I am very clumsy. I have switched recently to chromebooks (becasue they are cheaper if something happens to them) and I like how they are set up. I hate that I go through so many and I try to be careful with them but stuff happens. I do use them till its almost impossible to anymore ( my last laptop was taped together literally before I decided it was time for a new one).

abonnen, Aug 9, 2016
  18. Charles Franklin

ad.mike2016

Personally I have had 3 laptops over my life time. This also includes laptops for work. When I was growing up I always got desktops however, my last three computers have all been HP laptops.

I would say that the average person has had 5 laptops.

ad.mike2016, Aug 12, 2016
  19. Charles Franklin

filmjunkie08

I have only had one laptop. It is a Gateway that my son and I use multiple times daily.

filmjunkie08, Sep 5, 2016
  20. Charles Franklin

cardinals27

I have had three different laptops in my lifetime. All of the laptops that I owned I actually really liked, but I have used some of my friends laptops and laptops at school and I would have to say that my favorite is a chromebook

cardinals27, Sep 10, 2016
Ask a Question