How long will Microsoft support Windows 7?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Sefie, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Sefie

Sefie

According thos this article: http://www.pcworld.com/article/2010820/how-long-will-microsoft-support-windows-7.html Microsoft has already stopped offering mainstream updates for Windows 7 users. But Microsoft is not going to completely stop supporting Windows 7 until january 2020! It looks like we don't have that much time left!

The laptop I am using right now has Windows 7 installed in it, but I have already signed up to get a free copy of Windows 10! So I think I will definitely jump in, specially after checking this article, what about you? Is not like we have a real choice, right?

Sefie, Jul 2, 2015
  2. Sefie

ryanch94

Well 5 years is a long time, so I wouldn't say we don't have much time left...

ryanch94, Jul 6, 2015
  3. Sefie

Sefie

To me it does mean we don't have a lot time left, not if you have a legit Windows 7 copy and want to get a Windows 10 copy for free. Then you have less than a year to decide if you want to stay or leave... don't know about you, but 5 years go by fast, love windows 7, but the idea of using an unsupported OS doesn't appeal me.

Sefie, Jul 8, 2015
  4. Sefie

ryanch94

Well what I'm doing is I'm going to get the Windows 10 upgrade, then once I have it tied to my account I'll go back to Windows 7 until 2020. Then I'll install Windows 10 permanently

ryanch94, Jul 8, 2015
  5. Sefie

Sefie

That sounds like a good idea, but not sure it works like that. If you try it and it does, please let us know. I heard Microsoft is doing this so most users switch to Windows 10, hence the short support period for Windows 7.

Sefie, Jul 12, 2015
  6. Sefie

danielle davidson

Wow, that's crazy because I am still using Windows 7. I'm sure that before that date though I will be getting a new laptop. The one that I have now is already starting to die, so hopefully in the next couple of months I will be able to get a new laptop. I wish that they still sold laptops with Windows 7 on it because then I'm sure that I would buy a PC again. I'm not a big fan of the Windows that they are coming out with.

danielle davidson, Jul 12, 2015
  7. Sefie

Sefie

I know how you are feeling, I love Windows 7, in my opinion Windows 7 has been one of the best OS so far. We will see if the new Windows 10 fits the bill tough. I am hoping it will be much better than Windows 8 or 8.1, because it at least will have the start button back :D

Sefie, Jul 14, 2015
  8. Sefie

IcyBC

Oh good, we still have five years left, and by then probably my laptop will be on its last breath. I have the HP with Window 7, but didn't sign up for Window 10 as noticed yet. Right now, I am contemplating on whether or not to have it serviced so no need to complicate the matter. I also like window 7 very much!

IcyBC, Jul 16, 2015
  9. Sefie

Sefie

Yeah, other 5 years might be a little too much for most laptops (no Toshiba tho). I love Windows 7, but I have already signed to get my free Windows 10 copy :) I'm ready to kiss goodbye Windows 8.1 in my new laptop as well, I hate that OS with great passion! Hated Windows 8 even more though. Let's only hope Windows 10 is much better.

Sefie, Jul 16, 2015
Ask a Question