How can I transfer audio files to an android device?

Discussion in 'Android' started by Sefie, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Sefie

Sefie

Hello everyone! I was just wondering how I can transfer audio files to an android device. To be more specific a smartphone. I have some audio files in my laptop that I'd really like to transfer to my smartphone (it's a language course).

I was thinking of transferring that whole course to a USB stick, then using an old cable I used to transfer files from a USB to a tablet, but I have never used this cable to transfer anything to a smartphone, since this cable came with the tablet. Would this be ok for my smartphone?

Sefie, Mar 6, 2014
  2. Sefie

gadgetised

I recommend downloading the Spotify app. That way you don't have to download music from your computer to your phone. You can also sync files between the Spotify mac/pc app and the Android app. Google Play also has a pretty good music site now.

gadgetised, Mar 8, 2014
  3. Sefie

Sefie

Thanks, but isn't music hat I try to download, I'm trying to get a language course I bought into my mobile, so I can listen to eat while I'm outside. I already have spotify.

Sefie, Mar 8, 2014
  4. Sefie

Brian8gbSSDLinux

If it is micro USB to USB Female adaptor - Then you should have no problems
    OTG CABLE.jpg

Hopefully there is a decent File Manger on your device...

Brian8gbSSDLinux, Mar 9, 2014
  5. Sefie

mikelouis

The tablet cable should work on smartphone. Normally these days all those cables are standard and am sure it will work. Simply connect to computer and mount USB device just like you do with the tablet and transfer your files.

mikelouis, Mar 14, 2014
  6. Sefie

gadgetised

There might also be a way to transfer your files via Bluetooth from your computer to your android device. Worth looking at the Google Play store.

gadgetised, Apr 1, 2014
  7. Sefie

Sefie

Thank you all for your replies! I have already found a way to transfer some audio files in MP3 format from my laptop to my mobile. Recently ripped from the CD ;) I can now listen to my language audio courses anywhere I go, I can finally study anywhere. I just connected the USB cable that came along with my phone, found the right folder and pasted the files there. Very easy.

Sefie, Jun 29, 2015
  8. Sefie

Sefie

To be honest I had no idea what I was doing, lol. And yes, it was like that. I finally found the right folder to save the files :) This was my first smartphone, so I really had no idea. Learning more each day, thanks a lot. I miss seeing your posts! I hope you are ok.

Sefie, Jun 29, 2015
  9. Sefie

sparkster

Can't you just plug your phone into your computer using a USB cable, open it as a media storage device and then copy and paste the files to the relevant folder? This is what I have always done with all my smartphones. Either that or you could use Bluetooth or Infra-red or upload them to Dropbox then download them onto your device.

sparkster, Nov 15, 2015
  10. Sefie

vinaya

Don't you have a data cable for your android phone? If you have a data cable, it is really easy to transfer files. Alternatively you can also eject your memory card and use a memory card device to save files from your computer to memory card. If you have few files, bluetooth may also come very handy

vinaya, Feb 1, 2016
  11. Sefie

ajaymehra

Nowadays transferring files from one place to another is way easier than before. Now you can even transfer files wirelessly via some software like - ShareIt, But most of the time I use a USB cable to transfer my file to a smartphone because I just like the comfort of transferring files via USB cable.

ajaymehra, Apr 21, 2019
  12. Sefie

SabrinaF

If someone is still looking for an answer to this question and he's a Samsung user, there cannot be a good option other than Samsung's smart switch program.

SabrinaF, Sep 28, 2020
  13. Sefie

anyabaker

• USB cable
    This is the most common way to transfer files between devices. You can use a USB cable to connect your laptop to your smartphone, and then drag and drop the audio files to your smartphone's storage.

If you are using the same cable that you used to transfer files to your tablet, then it should work fine with your smartphone. However, if you are not sure, you can always check the specifications of your smartphone to see what type of USB cable it supports.

• Cloud storage
    You can also use cloud storage services like Google Drive, Dropbox, or OneDrive to transfer files between devices. These services allow you to upload files to a cloud server, and then download them to your other devices.

To transfer audio files to your smartphone using cloud storage, you will need to create an account with the service, and then upload the audio files to your cloud storage account. Once the files are uploaded, you can download them to your smartphone using the cloud storage app.

• Bluetooth
    You can also use Bluetooth to transfer files between devices. This is a wireless method, so you will not need to use a cable. However, the file transfer speed may be slower than using a cable.

To transfer audio files to your smartphone using Bluetooth, you will need to enable Bluetooth on both devices. Once Bluetooth is enabled, you will need to pair the devices. Once the devices are paired, you can transfer the audio files by opening the Bluetooth file transfer app on your smartphone and selecting the audio files that you want to transfer.

anyabaker, Jul 2, 2023
Ask a Question