How can I get out of the eRecovery!

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by chrysd, Mar 7, 2009.

1. chrysd

chrysd

I tried to restore my system by eRecovery Partition. But I cannot do that. It shown that "Restore failed - Error code = 1005 (The volume does not contain a recognized file system.) Please make sure that all required file system drivers are loaded and that the volume is not corrupted." Then I want to exit eRecovery, but it just reenter the eRecovery. I shutted down the laptop, restarted it, and it just reenter the eRecovery system.

I did not do anything on the eRecovery Partition. The windows operation system also works well. I just screwed up the microsoft offices. I uninstalled the original one, and installed another version. They also worked. But There was an problem with the pop-up windows. They were too big and I cannot change the size. So I decided to restore my system. I once tried to partition my C driver, but it failed. That software cannot identified the driver letter. So there should not have big problem on the windows system and eRecovery Partition.

I do not have high expectation on my netbook. I just want to use it to write papers and take notes for classes. But it completely cannot use now. I just want to know how can I get out of the e Recovery! I do not have the external driver. So I need a way to fix it without disks.

chrysd, Mar 7, 2009
  2. chrysd

Plastikman

uht ooh....

I think You are The second person to report this.
    viewtopic.php?f=73&t=11949

Call Acer support and see what they say.

Please let us know the results.

Plastikman, Mar 7, 2009
  3. chrysd

Scissors

I've had similar issues, I just reinstall the OS.
    But you may have valuable info you want to save.

OffTopic:
    I've seen this pattern other forums. Several threads locked cause of this.
    I don't feel it should be locked though. Just want to remind everyone to Search.

Scissors, Mar 7, 2009
  4. chrysd

ssmitty85

Same thing happened to me last week.. tried installing windows from a U3 usb multiple times as you can see from my other thread. still havnt found any combo that worked. So im either gonna wait and try the Recovery cd from acer, send it in, or throw more money at it a swap in a 7200rpm hd....

UPDATE: Ive managed to get a image of Rons tinyxp. its not exactly what i want but its deff a start. Follow the directions in this link.http://aspireonesoftware.wordpress.com/ ... ons-image/
    Hope this helps!

ssmitty85, Mar 8, 2009
  5. chrysd

chrysd

The problem is I do not have external cd driver. I do not want to buy it just for install operation system. How much it will cost if I send it to acer? I do not want to invest a lot in it. I am thinking if I can install windows by flash driver. But I doubt if I will mess up it again. I do not know if it is a good idea.

chrysd, Mar 8, 2009
  6. chrysd

chrysd

That link has expired. How does it work? I've checked acer's website. They provide their drivers on website. So we just need to install windows by ourselves. If the price of their services fee is higher than the price of an 1 G usb flash driver. I will try to install it by myself.

chrysd, Mar 8, 2009
  7. chrysd

ssmitty85

i had to search around a bit. google is your friend. Its about as basic as windows gets though.

ssmitty85, Mar 9, 2009
  8. chrysd

chrysd

I've just got the email response for my problem. But their answer did not related to my question. I think I need to keep contacting them, but to prepare to fix it by myself in the end.

chrysd, Mar 9, 2009
  9. chrysd

Topster

Same problem here with a 2 day old system. Problems started with no security tab on any folders only a "sharing tab". Folders should have a security tab if you are logged in as an administrator which I am and I was logged in as. Guest account was off, so I was only account on system. Problem surfaced when I tried to update a program. System said "You do not have permission to alter that folder". Spent time trying to get rid of "sharing tab" and replace it with the security tab so I could allow access. Then I found ALL system folders did not have "security tab" which ACER tech said was wrong. Logged in many times and same results. Machine thought I was a "guest account", which was turned off. Tech had me tried both types of recovery installed on the machine. NFG. Caught in eRecovery loop. He then had me try my back up disc. That also didn't work. Caught in eRecovery loop. Acer tech could not do anything to stop it. System recovery disk I made were NFG because the unit eRecovery system was corrupted per Acer tech. Nothing works except waiting for the Acer recovery disc to arrive in "5-10 business days". Just what I wanted to here. Now it will be days before I know if the drive is even good. After about at least 15 different systems in the past 10-15 years, this is the 1st one that didn't work out of the box at least for a little while. Doesn't say much for Acer. :twisted: :twisted:

Topster, Mar 12, 2009
  10. chrysd

ssmitty85

I finally got my own custom XP image on my acer, and i deleted the recovery partition right away... i dont want any acer files on this thing.. lol

ssmitty85, Mar 12, 2009
  11. chrysd

chrysd

I can't boot the netbook by usb flash driver. I've tried many usb-boot tools and have changed hdd mode. I also disabled d2d recovery in bios. But I also only can get into the eRecovery. It is crazy...
    I think the only thing I can do is to call Acer.
    How much the disc will cost? Is it free? We've already paid for the OS.
    Is there a way to reinstall it without disc? I really want to buy the disc driver. I never use disc driver.
    I've never got change to use this netbook so far!!! I just tried to fix it!!!

chrysd, Mar 13, 2009
  12. chrysd

ssmitty85

They sent me recovery discs free.

ssmitty85, Mar 13, 2009
  13. chrysd

Plastikman

You guys got the disks? They told me a week ago the disks were not available. I'll call them again.

Plastikman, Mar 14, 2009
  14. chrysd

ssmitty85

Well they sent discs. no telling if there the right ones.. lol, Im not tryin i dont want any acer crap on this thing.

ssmitty85, Mar 14, 2009
  15. chrysd

Plastikman

Mine are in the mail. is it a real windows cd or some crap ERecovery image?

Plastikman, Mar 14, 2009
  16. chrysd

chrysd

Has anyone figured out what is wrong with the eRecovery? I do not think I've messed up eRecovery, but it just does not work. I found I can boot into DOS by usb flash driver. I was wondering if I can copy the image from the hidden partition to C disk. But I have not figured out how to do that so far and I am not sure if there is something wrong with eRecovery. I feel I cannot wait for the recovery disk.

chrysd, Mar 16, 2009
  17. chrysd

ssmitty85

I got 3 discs..?? none are windows oem. i didnt look at them much. cuz i dont plan on using them.. lol

ssmitty85, Mar 16, 2009
Ask a Question