How can I determine integrated graphics

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by Gari, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Gari

Gari

1. Hello. im new to this forums. i have a problem on my laptop on how i can determine the integrated GPU because the only GPU are detected is nvidia Geforce 315M and im surly know there is another gpu. which the system showing up by Graphic Properties.
    2. my laptop info
      SAMSUNG RV511-S06FR
    • CPU Intel Core i5
    • Ram 4 Go DDR3
    • detected GPU
      Nvidia GeForce GT 315M
      512 Mo

Gari, Jul 26, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  2. Gari

something back

something back, Jul 26, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  3. Gari

Gari

Thanks for replaying. i have download the program speccy and its only showing up the Nvidia geforce 315M any othere way i can use ?
    or does my laptop alredy have only 1 GPU which is Nvidia ?

Gari, Jul 26, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  4. Gari

something back

Speccy is one of the most thorough hardware interrogator program,so you have only one gpu

Nvidia GeForce GT 315M

something back, Jul 27, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  5. Gari

IBMPC8088

You can also use the Nvidia Smart Scan through your web browser. It uses a flash module to detect your graphics card and tell you exactly what you have. Speccy should do it and is good to see all your hardware. Nvidia can tell you directly if you don't want to download it, though. It works with every version of Windows from 98SE to Windows 7 Ultimate.

if both the Nvidia tool and Speccy are saying that you have an Nvidia GeForce GT 315M, then you'll know for sure that that is what you have on there. If for some reason it's different, you'll want to err on the side of Nvidia. It's rare that Speccy, CPU-Z, and others wouldn't report the hardware exactly as it is from its device ID, but if it ever reported differently, it would be from a funky or proprietary change by the vendor (something Nvidia would be aware of, but not make available to other programs that scan the hardware). It is really rare, but this is how you find out. :)

IBMPC8088, Jul 28, 2016
  6. Gari

Joel7050

Try getting GPU-Z. It's free and is very very useful! It shows very useful and intricate details on your GPU such as current usage and temperature. You can switch between it's options to choose which GPU you want to view stats on, and this will also show your integrated GPU. You don't even require installation, simply run it! It's always one of the first things I install on a fresh PC.

Joel7050, Aug 12, 2016
Ask a Question