High Spec Laptop - £1200 Budget

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by bildo, May 15, 2015.

1. bildo

bildo

I'm looking to purchase a new laptop and I have around £1200 to spend, I could raise this slightly if necessary, but from what I've seen there's a lot out there within this price range.

I am a travelling photographer, so I have some rather specific requirements as to what I want from the machine.

It needs to be:
    Lightweight
    Good battery life
    Fast, capable of running Adobe suite and various often numerous Chrome tabs etc
    Maximum screen size 15" due to needing to fit in a specific bag
    Ideally the screen would be well suited to photography and be useful outdoors in strong light situations

Now, everyone I've asked has recommended that I go for a Mac, however I've been Windows/Android since day one, so I'd prefer to stick with this for the time being. I don't really have the time or the energy for learning something new right now, and everything is pretty much set up how I want it so seems silly to change.

After looking around, the initial suggestion seems to be the Dell XPS 13, while 13" feels a little small to me, I'd much rather have a 15" screen in a 13" chassis than a 13" in an 11", it does seem like an incredible little machine.

Having read quite a lot of user comments with regards to the QHD+ screen, it almost seems like I might be better off going for the FHD (1920x1080) screen instead. Seems weird with photography but the compability of the QHD+ and the amount of issues that people have noted with them, I think it's maybe one step ahead of itself right now and I could do without light bleed etc affecting my images.

Here's the current Dell that seems best suited to my needs:
    http://www.dell.com/uk/p/xps-13-9343...13-9343-laptop

If anyone else has any other suggestions, I'd be more than happy to listen, I'm also very interested in personal experiences with the QHD+/FHD differences.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2015
    bildo, May 15, 2015
  2. bildo

CDNJester

CDNJester, Jun 7, 2015
Ask a Question