Hi, I was wondering about a new laptop I was gifted

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Colin42, Mar 22, 2015.

1. Colin42

Colin42

I recently received a new laptop as a gift, since my old one died. It's an Acer Aspire E 15, and the pecs are: Amd quad-core processor E2-6110 1.50 ghz; AMD Radeon R2 graphics and 4 gigs of ram. I've only had it for a day, but it seems a little slower than it should be. I brought up task manager and noticed that there are 55 background processes and 26 windows processes running, and 62 memory being used.

All I'm currently using right now is firefox, so I know all of these things must be preloaded programs from startup, and I was wondering if anyone knows about this model of Acer, and if there are programs I can remove that will make it faster. Also, does anyone know if this laptop has the potential to play Dolphin emulator for gamecube and PCSX2 emulator for ps2 at good speeds? If it gets optimized properly, do guys think it will be able to handle those? Thank you in advance.

Colin42, Mar 22, 2015
  2. Colin42

something back

PC Decrapifier will remove trial software installed on your machine

http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/system/fwuninstallers.html

Ccleaner is a great program, and should be considered a must have program.

http://www.snapfiles.com/downloadfind.php?action=s&ref=2&st=ccleaner

Open Ccleaner, goto the “Ccleaner icon” from within the program, and run it,

Then choose “tools” to find out what programs are installed, you can the choose to uninstall
    any program from there. Make sure you know what programs you need, and which you don't

something back, Mar 22, 2015
    Ian likes this.
Ask a Question