HELP! Charger Plugged In But Laptop Not Charging

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Edelmen, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Edelmen

Edelmen

My laptop suddenly turned off by itself, so I was assuming the battery was empty. But when I plugged the charger in, The LED light for the 'charging' did not turn on. I tried turning on the laptop in 2 ways: one short press & one long press of the power button, but it won't turn on.

I've been trying to charge the laptop for the past hour, and I can notice that warmth on the surface of the charger and even the laptop.

Do you have any idea how to fix it or why this is happening?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
    Edelmen, Oct 27, 2016
  2. Edelmen

something back

Welcome to the laptop forums site

It could be a overheating problem and not a battery problem.

A laptop will turn itself off if it overheats, you have indicated that
    the laptop seems to be a little hot.

See if the vents are not blocked with dust and fluff, you can purchase
    a can of compressed air this will clear out the laptop including the
    fan.

something back, Oct 27, 2016
  3. Edelmen

monasen

BATTERY PLUGGED IN NOT CHARGING IN WINDOWS 10:

Note : Before trying out the below solution, you should try to unplug the charger and remove and reinsert the battery and see if it’s working. Sometimes restarting your PC also fixes this problem. If it’s not working, follow the steps below.

1. Right click on Windows icon to expand out its context menu. Find and click on the option entry named Device Manager as shown below.

[​IMG]

2. A window named Device Manager will open up. Expand the entry named Batteries by clicking on the side arrow associated with it. As next, right click on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Batteryand click on the Uninstall option.

[​IMG]

3. The next step is to click on the tab named Action and then to click on the option Scan for hardware changes.

[​IMG]

4. Now expand the entry Batteries once again by clicking on the side arrow just like before. As next, right click on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery and click on the Update Driver Softwareoption.

[​IMG]

5. Now you will be asked to choose a method to search for the driver software. If you have the driver all set already, then you can click on the option Browse my computer for driver software. Else you can ask Windows to find the appropriate driver software by itself by clicking on the option Search automatically for updated driver software.

[​IMG]

monasen, Nov 16, 2016
Ask a Question