Have you bought a laptop lately?

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by cluckeyo, May 30, 2016.

1. cluckeyo

cluckeyo

If so, how much did you pay for it?

cluckeyo, May 30, 2016
  2. cluckeyo

Sefie

I bought mine almost 3 years ago, I think? My newest one, I had to buy it because my oldest laptop was starting to turn itself off (a fan broke). My oldest one was a Toshiba Satellite, it still works after 8 years, but it turns itself off if it gets too warm. My newest one is also Toshiba Satellite. It cost me $325 dollars :)

Sefie, Jun 1, 2016
  3. cluckeyo

sparkster

Yes, I bought one just over two months ago. I bought a Lenovo G5080 which I'm pretty pleased with, especially for the price. I don't know what country you are in but I am in the UK and purchased it for £300. I also took out insurance on it, a worthwhile investment after what's happened to all my other devices over the last couple of years. It has 4GB RAM, dual core 2.0GHz CPU, Bluetooth, GPS, Intel HD Graphics, etc. Not bad for the price at all.

sparkster, Jun 2, 2016
  4. cluckeyo

nytegeek

Yikes! That is expensive as compared to what one goes for in my neck of the woods. I have found them new for just under $253 (approximately £173).

nytegeek, Jun 2, 2016
  5. cluckeyo

vinaya

I have not bought a laptop lately, however, I am thinking to buy a new one soon. My current laptop is 7 years old. Even though the performance of the laptop is pretty good I am thinking to get a new one because my laptop has some problems such as over heating, fan making noise, damaged keyboard and DVD player. This time I am thinking to get a Mac

vinaya, Jun 2, 2016
  6. cluckeyo

Nestone50

Nestone50, Jun 2, 2016
  7. cluckeyo

Vash

Just a little over half year ago in October 2015, I bought my Surface Pro 4. I picked Core i5, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD. So the cost was $1,299, plus $159 for a type cover with fingerprint; and a leather case, as well as a bluetooth Arch mouse. However, I used a .edu based email for "Educational discount". It knocked 10% off. The total amount I paid was still about $1,500 after tax.

I won't be buying another laptop any time soon since I am quite pleased with the Surface Pro 4.

Vash, Jun 3, 2016
  8. cluckeyo

IcyBC

My last laptop was bought three years ago! It was working beautifully when it become overheat. I am comfortable with Window and I can manage my way around with it. Now, I am using MacBook and my Window habits are still lingering on me. I would love to have a spare one, but it is not a priority!

IcyBC, Jun 3, 2016
  9. cluckeyo

Corzhens

We are in the hunt for a cheap laptop because the quotations we got are prohibitive to our budget. The cheapest is around $1,000 because now computers, whether desktop of laptop, is sold with the software bundled already. So that price includes the software particularly the operating system which is Windows (not sure if it's W10). But we are trying to check on Linus if it is amenable to us. We just want to avoid the hassle of learning the system since we have not time for that chore.

Corzhens, Jun 3, 2016
  10. cluckeyo

sparkster

Wow! Really? That's amazing. There's no chance whatsoever of getting a new laptop in this area for a price as low as that. No chance at all. The one I bought was actually one of the cheapest options available. That is, unless I decided to go for something like a Chromebook or mini-netbook but those are just not suited for what I need it for.

sparkster, Jun 9, 2016
  11. cluckeyo

nytegeek

Oh I understand. We are just lucky over here. Usually you have to get a refurbished to get these prices though. Every now and then new stuff comes along that low for us.

nytegeek, Jun 9, 2016
Ask a Question