Has Microsoft lost the plot?

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by something back, Jul 28, 2016.

1. something back

something back

Has Microsoft lost the plot?

It seems that it's insistence on spying on it's users has gone to far.

The resent notice that it's blocking users regaining control of their machines through
    the new forthcoming windows 10 update , has proved that it wants the intelligence services via backdoor methods in many countries gaining access to your information simply by you connecting your machine to the internet as the user has no control of the information
    flowing from your machines.

Why does it want to know about your everyday life.

What's your views?

something back, Jul 28, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  2. something back

rz3300

This type of news is certainly not good for any company, but especially one where security should be the name of the game. I am not sure how much I should buy into reports like this, though, because on some level you have to question it, but if it is true then that is alarming. Thanks for sharing, and I am curious to see where this issue goes from here. Should be interesting, and hopefully not frightening.

rz3300, Jul 28, 2016
  3. something back

Corzhens

Maybe Microsoft is trying to be in step with Google which is the first in the collection of information about users. If you will notice, Microsoft is getting smaller now unlike before when it was a giant in terms of software. After its failed Windows 8 maybe it has undergone a paradigm shift that it is trying to learn from the successes of Google and other giants in the industry.

Corzhens, Jul 31, 2016
  4. something back

IBMPC8088

They know that they are on a sinking ship, and I'm pretty sure that once Microsoft put the Satya Nadella in charge of operations as their CEO, their agenda was clear to transform an operating system into a spying system only.

He began to let the ideals of foreign practices run wild in ways which quality standards for corporations and software from other companies by comparison would normally be unacceptable by European, United States, and other standards in parts of Asia.

Granted, ransomware is everywhere now and can be from any source...but to build a product around it and charge people for it after ending the "free" period for them to infect themselves with it?...well, I think that anyone who uses it is going to cook their own goose, and they get what they pay for with it. You're not going to find it on any of my systems here. :)

IBMPC8088, Aug 1, 2016
  5. something back

fcuco

They have to do it, that's the way in which they make money. The operating system is not free, you pay for it with your privacy. There is actually nothing wrong with this, it is up to the person to decide whether this is a transaction where they have something to gain.

It actually makes me happy that they are forcing everything, this means that people will be forced to make a decision: they either agree with this or use this as the final excuse for changing to other platforms. Eventually as more people disable all the spy stuff they will be forced to simply prevent the user to do it, if they allow this for everybody they can no longer support themselves as a company.

fcuco, Aug 7, 2016
Ask a Question