Good News Acer Aspire One 751H Users!!

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Tecmasters, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Tecmasters

calvert317

Hi,
    I have installed new GMA500 driver for my windows 7 AO751h by following your post on aspire-users forum, but the only .inf in the winvista LPCO folder was igdlh32.inf, and when I installed it I ended up with a driver 7.14.10.1006, not 7.14.10.1005. Thought/hoped it was just a later version. Sadly, the system seems less, not more stable. I have an acer dvd player attached, and am trying to play a commercial DVD. I'm running cyberlink powerdvd9, which should be windows 7 compatible. the first time i tried to play a dvd i had fabulous results. after a restart i have a consistent bsod when i select play. error message first is that there is an incompatibility between cyberlink and "color scheme", so windows says it will change to windows7 basic scheme. then it goes black, and either stays there or moves to BSOD. I am trying to decide whether to keep or return this 751h, and there is a limited time frame to decide, so I would really appreciate any advice you could give.
    Thanks so much:
    Olivia (calvert317)

calvert317, Sep 2, 2009
  2. Tecmasters

jamesck_00

If I could return my 751h I would. Then I would get the 11.6" Toshiba. They seem to be reliable.

It irritates me to see my colleagues with their 10" eee's asking where my netbook is. Then I have to comment that it is being repaired.

jamesck_00, Sep 3, 2009
  3. Tecmasters

Drjones

I'm curious to know why so many people are buying what they know is a low-powered netbook and expecting it to be able to play high-resolution video......

Drjones, Sep 3, 2009
  4. Tecmasters

Drjones

What exactly is wrong with your 751?

And when did Toshiba start making an 11.6"???

Drjones, Sep 3, 2009
  5. Tecmasters

Tecmasters

It shouldn't be a driver issue, it's more like the Power DVD is not compatiable with Winodws 7 yet even though Cyberlink states that it is windows 7 ready but it;s not..Have you tried removing the Power DVD and see if it does it again? If it doesn't then it is definitely an software issue

Tecmasters, Sep 3, 2009
  6. Tecmasters

Felix[GER]

Because it does very well ;) Every HD stuff coded in H.264 will work like a charm up to 1080p if you want. Important is to use a player that makes use of the GPU hardware acceleration. I´m using the built in Windows Media Player 12 (Win7) and have no problems watching stuff from Apple Trailer (.mov), DivX-HD (.mkv) or some downloaded Youtube-HD Episodes of TopGear (.avi).

Felix[GER], Sep 3, 2009
Ask a Question