Good News Acer Aspire One 751H Users!!

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Tecmasters, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Tecmasters

Tecmasters

You failed to read the post, LOL! You have to update the drivers manually! Do NOT run the SETUP.... Look at the post over again and it did say Manual install the driver.

Tecmasters, Aug 9, 2009
  2. Tecmasters

Tecmasters

Glad you found a previous post of it Josh. I on the otherhand don't have all the time to read every single post as my career keeps me busy. I'm all about helping people and it's enjoyable seeing people happy because I helped out..

Tecmasters, Aug 9, 2009
  3. Tecmasters

petergunn

I've been using WinXP Pro SP3 with Windows Media Player v9, the K-Lite Codec Pack 5.0.0 (Basic), and the 6.14.11.1012 drivers. I haven't experienced any issues with video replay. 720 works great even on fullscreen with H.264, although CPU does go up to 60% at times but no biggie.

I am running oc'd at 1.45Ghz using setFsb at startup but I don't think it makes a big difference. Rock solid tho.

Regards

PG.

petergunn, Aug 9, 2009
  4. Tecmasters

soccerballtux

I think we could make a new thread with a relevant title (AO751h crashing? Laggy video? Read this!) and sticky it, In it, we could reference Bols and give him credit, and this guy too for finding it keeps the Acer from locking up.

Actually, Tec: Would you mind just changing the thread title instead?

soccerballtux, Aug 9, 2009
  5. Tecmasters

soccerballtux

I wish companies would do this more often-- rely on the community. It could save them a bunch of money-- set up forum like this one, and put an engineer at Acer in charge of monitoring it, and when stuff like this comes up, he could push the right buttons and pull the right strings to get this driver into the right Windows images that they ghost to the harddrives (and notify Microsoft that Windows Update shouldn't try to update from this driver).

soccerballtux, Aug 9, 2009
  6. Tecmasters

Drjones

So I manually installed the new drivers (after backing up the originals just in case using Driver Genius) and all is fine.

It did, however, install several new Intel items in my startup which I had to uncheck. It kept asking me if I wanted to run this file or that, as if I had just clicked an .exe.

I ignored each of them - I think there were 4. Is that OK or should I have run them, whatever they were?

Anyway, system is running fine now, but then again I didn't have any issues before because I don't really do much on this netbook except internet, Gmail & Gdocs, but it never hurts to have the newest software & drivers.

And then I have my backup in case I start to encounter issues.

Thanks for this tip!

Drjones, Aug 9, 2009
  7. Tecmasters

josh5183

I agree that we need to find a way to "Sticky" some of these common topics - video being one of them.

josh5183, Aug 10, 2009
  8. Tecmasters

c921

One more UPDATE:

So I did manually install the intel drivers.
    I still get some lock ups but not as bad as before.

Yesterday, I installed the Windows Service Pack 2 for Vista.
    So far no lock ups and playing flash based games are not so slow anymore, acceptable somehow.
    I'm not sure what hot fix are all included in the service pack but it says there there are around 800 fixes
    and bluetooth support also comes with it. Good news for the bluetooth users. The AO751H-1893 comes with blue tooth so YAY!

Took me almost 3 hours just to install the service pack 2!
    I am not sure if it will help the lock ups since I am not a techie. I will try all sorts of things out there just to fix this thing.

c921, Aug 10, 2009
  9. Tecmasters

Drjones

Try this for a big performance boost: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=16745

Drjones, Aug 10, 2009
  10. Tecmasters

c921

^
    thanks for the info.
    I have already done that but I still get frequent lock ups.

I suspect one thing though.
    When my netbook is plugged and adaptor gets really hot, this is the time I get the lock ups... 5-20 minutes of use it freezes.
    Now I unplugged it and just using my battery, I don't get any lock up.
    So I'm suspecting its the adaptor specially when it gets hot and when you are charging for more than30 min., that's when my netbook starts locking up.

Is someone experiencing the same thing?
    Is the supplied adaptor defective?

c921, Aug 10, 2009
  11. Tecmasters

Drjones

Do you have a 751h? I do, and mine has been plugged in non-stop for the past 3 days and zero problems. If that seems to be causing it though, I guess you could try another AC adapter....

Drjones, Aug 10, 2009
  12. Tecmasters

babysvt

I purchased the 3-cell 751h and plan on buying a backup 6-cell battery. I generally only need a couple of hours at a time and almost always have power nearby but I want the 6-cell for when I travel. My next trip isn't until December and it will be a 5 hour flight so I have time to find an inexpensive battery. I have seen posts referencing them on eBay so I may just keep my eye out.

I have only had my 751h for two days and love it. Purchased it at Walmart for $348 so I have 15 days to use it like crazy and make sure there are no issues. So far no freezing issues and my TV shows play just fine. Some of my games slow it down a bit but they are really big games so it really isn't that much of a concern. I have yet to hook up my DVD to it and try and play a movie or to use itunes to play some of the movies that I have. So far I am extremely happy with this system. Thank you for your help!

babysvt, Aug 10, 2009
  13. Tecmasters

RLeary

I hooked up my external DVDRW drive and tried to play a DVD movie while on vacation last week- about 3 minutes it in the screen went black and it began making a god-aweful noise. Had to hold down power to reset. Didn't try playing a DVD again after that...

RLeary, Aug 11, 2009
  14. Tecmasters

babysvt

I actually have some movies that I played using quicktime and it worked great! I had them saved on a thumb drive and they played pretty well from there also but much better after saving them to the hard drive. So far I haven't been disappointed. My next try will be to play movies from Netflix. I will report back on how that works out. The model I purchased is AO751h-1279.

babysvt, Aug 11, 2009
  15. Tecmasters

mbarros

Well I just bought one Acer 751H, installed Windows 7 RTM and updated the display driver, but.... I will never see anything like this video without the stuttering in this machine will I?

Is there some magic trick?! ;-)

And by the way, there's a new video driver in the Intel website, version 7.14.10.1006, is that the one that everybody has installed or should I install the one at the first post, versioN 7.14.10.1005?

Hugs,
    Mario

mbarros, Aug 12, 2009
  16. Tecmasters

soccerballtux

It was just released today ~4p EST. I am currently using that version. I need an h264 vid to test whether acceleration works, though.

For everyone's info-- installing through setup.exe completed fine, however I still had lockups. Installing manually through Update Driver for the GMA500 in Device Manager seems to have cured it-- I haven't had any lockups since.

soccerballtux, Aug 12, 2009
  17. Tecmasters

c921

^
    just read this new driver update from intel.
    I'm crossing my fingers and hoping this will finally resolve my lock up, freezing issues.

I will post back if it works for me.
    Many thanks to those who find the solutions!

c921, Aug 12, 2009
  18. Tecmasters

Drjones

Thank you very much for the tip on the new graphic driver.

I just did a manual install of it and all is fine. :)

Drjones, Aug 12, 2009
  19. Tecmasters

Felix[GER]

Felix[GER], Aug 12, 2009
  20. Tecmasters

Drjones

As with the last driver update I installed, 4 .exe files started when I booted my computer, asking me to run them - I cancelled them. Did I do the right thing or should I have run them?

They also show up now in msconfig.

Drjones, Aug 12, 2009
Ask a Question