Gateway EC1410U

Discussion in 'Other Laptop Models' started by Twan013, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Twan013

Twan013

Hey guys, I'm trying to send my 751h back to the pits of heck that it came from.. OK, so it isn't that bad, but I am trying to return it. So I've been doing some searching, and found the EC1410U from Gateway. $400 at Bestbuy. Basically its the same as the 751h, but with a 250GB hard drive, 2 GB ram (upgradable to 4GB), windows 7 (64bit) preloaded, and Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD. I don't know how the 4500MHD compares to the GMA500, but everything else spec-wise looks the same or better. OH, its an intel 'celery" at 1.3 GHz.. Not sure about that either.. One problem I see myself having right off the bat, is the left Shift key, as that is the one I primarily use. But then again, I think I use the outside edge of that key anyway, so it may not pose that much of a problem. I wonder if Acer and Gateway use the same keyboard connectors? If so, then the keyboards may be cross compatible, and I could just buy one off eBay or something.. The two look exactly the same, except for the key placement of the left shift, \, and the enter keys.. Technicalities aside, is the EC1410u a good netbook/laptop? how are the Celeron processor and 4500 MHD? YouTube and Hulu compatible???

Twan013, Nov 10, 2009
  2. Twan013

shurcool

Yeah, dude!

That netbook owns. It has one of those CULV 1.3 GHz CPUs, which should be much faster than any Atom CPU. My EC1803H came with a Core 2 Solo 1.4 GHz (SU3500) and it really owns. I think your CPU should be pretty similar.

4500MHD is also much faster than GMA 500. It's better than GMA 950, but not by much (maybe 20-30% faster). It's one of the newest chips, so it also has hardware video decoding, like the GMA 500.

It can handle full blown 1080p video, even with HDMI out to a 1080p monitor.

Yep, they are cross-compatible! You can do exactly that, get a 751h keyboard with US layout from ebay, and swap it. Gateway is just another label of Acer, they are the same company and have very similar hardware.

I have the EC1803h, which is just a slightly older config with SU3500 (Core 2 Solo 1-core CPU @ 1.4 ghz). I promise you, you won't be disappointed!

Edit: The only other downside about your config is that it seems to come with a 3-cell 2200 mAH battery, whereas mine came with a 4400 mAh 6-cell one. It gets about 4-5 hours, so expect about half with yours...

shurcool, Nov 15, 2009
Ask a Question