Gaming laptop.

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by Vyom Srivastava, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Vyom Srivastava

Vyom Srivastava

Hello every one. I'm a professional gamer (I consider myself :p) and I want to buy a new gaming laptop. I'm confused between Asus ROG series and Alienware. Please suggest me the best one.My budget is around $3-5K. You can suggest apart from them as well.

Vyom Srivastava, Jul 22, 2016
  2. Vyom Srivastava

fcuco

Do you need the laptop to be portable or you just want a laptop as a desktop replacement? For that budget you could get a beast of a desktop with insane GPU power that no laptop would match.

If I had that money to blow on a gaming laptop my option would be the Alienware 17, recently Alienware has lost a lot of its mojo, so to say, people claim that they are overpriced but, whatever, I would create these specs:

Alienware 17, 17.5 UHD Display, intel core i7 6829HK, GeForce GTX 820M, 16 GB (I don't know if you need the full 32 GB but you could buy more later), the 256 GB SSD PCIe disk for booting and the 1 TB SATA one.

fcuco, Aug 7, 2016
  3. Vyom Srivastava

Vash

$3,000~5,000 budget? That's more than enough to buy the top of the line. In my opinion, you should just look at the hardware specifications instead of models. For a gaming laptop, you should look at something with a 15~17" monitor. Core i7 chip, with 16GB RAM. A dedicated graphics card is a must, and with your budget you can get the best one available. For hard drive, you should look at minimal 512GB SSD. The latest video games these day are huge. BF4 for example took more than 50GB. To make the games load faster, it is the best to keep all of the program files on the primary hard drive.

Vash, Aug 13, 2016
Ask a Question