Enabling "god mode" in windows 8+, and windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows' started by something back, Feb 11, 2015.

1. something back

something back

Enabling god mode in windows 8+, and windows 10

On the desktop RIGHT CLICK ,CREATE NEW FOLDER, RENAME IT TO THIS BELOW.
    Including god mode and all others within the bracketed area.

God Mode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

something back, Feb 11, 2015
  2. something back

Sefie

Hi there, something back. Just curious, what does ''god mode'' enable you to do as a user once it's enabled? I ask because this is the very first time in my entire life that I hear that term being applied to a OS. I mean, I have heard this term being used for video games a lot in the past, but never an OS. Can you please elaborate a bit more??

Sefie, May 24, 2015
  3. something back

something back

It's tweaking most system operating settings that are hard to find, take a look, if you feel unsafe altering things just delete it, nothing gained, nothing lost.

something back, May 24, 2015
  4. something back

Connie858

All it does is open a "Master Control Panel" with all the options there in one place for you to change rather than having to search through various locations for them.
    You don't need to create the folder on the desktop, it does not need to be called Godmode and you can just run it from the run command as a 1 off if you prefer.

Simply go to the run command (windows key + R together) and enter shell:::{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}
    It will open a window like this. I did this in Windows 7 and it did also work in Windows Vista as well. It is nothing new, just everything in one place.

windows 7.jpg

If you want to see what it looks like in Windows 10, then simply go to this link http://www.pcworld.com/article/2881613/unlock-windows-10s-hidden-powerful-godmode-tool.html but it is nothing different!

A slightly more interesting article (useful for the information at the bottom of it, such as not having it enabled permanently but being able to enable it when you want to by running a shortcut etc) is this site.http://www.askvg.com/truth-behind-hidden-secret-god-mode-found-in-windows-7/ That is written for Windows 7, but you will see it is exactly the same code as for Windows 10.

Connie858, May 27, 2015
  5. something back

superbobby

It is also my first time encountering that term on Windows. Does anybody know what it does to Windows?

superbobby, Jun 1, 2015
  6. something back

something back

Connie858 has listed a diagram showing some of the god mode instructions that can be altered

something back, Jun 1, 2015
  7. something back

Sefie

Wow connie, very well explained! Thanks a lot for the complete answer! Now I do see why they call it God mode, I was expecting something a bit more different though, but this is still a good thing ti know.

Sefie, Jun 1, 2015
  8. something back

something back

bump

something back, Aug 3, 2015
Ask a Question