Emergency Bios Recovery Method for Acer Aspire One D250

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by stemcell, Feb 7, 2010.

1. stemcell

stemcell

Hi stemcell here, if you have a dead Acer One D250 try the emergency flash using these tested files.

1. Insert your USB drive/thumb drive into a working windows system. Open up my computer or computer and locate your usb drive and right click and select format. Format the drive with ‘FAT’ file system and not FAT32 (Try to use a small capacity usb stick or a memory card in a reader, ie less than 256mb). Reason being mine would not flash using a 1 gig usb drive but it did using a 128mb sd card in a reader!
    2. Download the attached zip file D250 Recovery.ZIP
    3. Extract the files to the root directory of the USB Flash Drive.
    4. Turn off the Aspire One and make sure that the power adapter and battery are disconnected from the netbook.
    5. Plug in the USB stick to any port on the failed Aspire One
    6. Whilst pressing Fn+ESC plug the power adaptor in (note battery is not installed)
    7. Keep pressing Fn+ESC and then press the power button once. The power LED will now blink, after a few seconds let go of the Fn+ESC keys, it will now initiate the BIOS update, DO NOT INTERRUPT IT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
    8. After about 2 minutes, the power LED will stop blinking and the Aspire One will turn off. The BIOS is now complete.
    9. IF the unit DID NOT REBOOT BY ITSELF, wait a further 5 – 7 minutes before rebooting the unit as the BIOS may still be flashing.
    10. Now the unit is off remove the USB drive you used to flash, Install battery and power lead and turn on.
    11. You should have a working laptop

Please let me know how you get on.

Regards
    Tony

stemcell, Feb 7, 2010
    kronflux, revxfire and danybus like this.
  2. stemcell

Valp

Oh noes... well, I got this AOD250 and have to say i dont know a thing about it. After researching a lot i was told the Linux Linpus included with it just wasnt working. Have tried installing anything from bootable USB Flash drives but it isnt working. So ok, I tried this and now the computer is more than dead. It's ON but nothing happens. T_T

Can someone help me please?

Valp, Feb 9, 2010
  3. stemcell

stemcell

Thats just exactly as mine was, you would power on the fans would spin but thats it. Try another usb drive as mine would not do it using the first one I had, your usb drive should look like this
    [​IMG]

follow the instructions to the tee, I have tried this and the files a few times now on mine and it recovers it fine. I know how kill it and it will only come back on using the above (bad keyboard).

stemcell, Feb 9, 2010
  4. stemcell

Raflar

please where is the attached zip file D250 Recovery.ZIP

Raflar, Jan 14, 2014
  5. stemcell

Nestone50

Nestone50, Jan 14, 2014
  6. stemcell

danybus

Hola, donde esta el zip?

danybus, Feb 18, 2014