Easy Adjusting from Windows to Mac?

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by Dame6089, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Dame6089

Dame6089

I am wondering about the transition from Windows based devices to a Mac? I have always avoided buying Mac products due to me not really understanding how they work and being more comfortable with Windows. Still, with my laptop starting to wear down, I am considering getting a mac because I have only heard good things about them. How hard do you think the transition would be for me?

Dame6089, Jun 22, 2016
  2. Dame6089

IcyBC

It is not that bad! I am currently using MacBook Air as my laptop but was a Window user forever. It is basically functioned the same way, just a few little things to get adjusting to. Setting up at first was a bit frustrating, but after that, it will probably take you less than half a day to get used to and I am only an average user. In other word, I don't know much of anything, but if I can figure out, so can you.

IcyBC, Jun 25, 2016
  3. Dame6089

vinaya

The only apple device I have ever owned is an iPod. After using Android for a long time, using an iPod was very difficult. I have never used Mac computers. I cannot say whether I can adjust the switch or will take time. However, I have also decided to get a Mac Book Pro.

vinaya, Jun 25, 2016
  4. Dame6089

rz3300

I have switched between the two for some time now but I do not remember having any real difficulties in getting used to the Mac. Of course I grew up on PC and used it for most of my life, but we all know that the Macs came on the scene pretty hard and they are everywhere now, so you almost cannot get away with not knowing anything about them. All it takes is a little getting used to.

rz3300, Jun 25, 2016
  5. Dame6089

BlueText

I remember the first time I converted from Windows to a Mac, I was terrified because it was so foreign but I had to for college. It seemed upside down with an extra dock at the bottom that would suddenly pop up. But overtime I realize that it's probably more intuitive to work with once you figure it out. I think that the mac has more defined areas like rooms in a house instead of everything being dumped into a filing drawer like Windows. Personally, I probably won't go back. I've had my computer almost four years while my mom as gone through three laptops and two tablets. I think Macs are just more reliable work computers one you figure out where everything is.

BlueText, Aug 29, 2016
Ask a Question