Download WINDOWS 10 without waiting.

Discussion in 'Windows' started by something back, Jul 29, 2015.

1. something back

something back

The windows 10 update will be graduated not everyone will receive it on the release date.

Things that may be of interest, the file download will take
    about an hour, if you use the MediaCreationTool it will download the file for you
    without waiting for microsoft to invite you.you will then be given three choices to either download it to a flash drive or create a cd.

The important thing is that it will give you the choice to update your machine directly.
    The installation process takes about one hour.

When you have proceeded to the percentage clock, it says sit back, and relax
    it means make yourself three cups of coffee it takes an hour.

I would suggest that when it's all up, and working you download a program called
    Magical-Jelly-Bean-Keyfinder and take a note of your new serial number,if you ever need to
    reload a copy you may well need it.

Don't forget to print out the serial number, and sellotape it to the underside of your computer.

Here's a link to the MediaCreationTool

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2953843/windows/how-to-install-windows-10-on-your-pc.html

http://www.freewarefiles.com/Magical-Jelly-Bean-Keyfinder_program_4857.html

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
    something back, Jul 29, 2015
  2. something back

Ian Administrator

Handy to know that this method works :D

I downloaded the ISO from MSDN and did a clean install on my main machine that way, as I don't like doing upgrade installs if I can help it. Liking it so very, it's just like the later "insider preview" builds - pretty zippy too!

Ian, Jul 29, 2015
  3. something back

Sefie

Thank you, it turns out I was very wrong, I did get the update on the day of the release, but I thought I hadn't because there was no notification letting me know I could start (letting them know when I'd be ready to update). To be honest I'm not sure if I want to be an early adopter just yet, I might wait a couple months, because I have heard Windows 10 comes with too many bugs. I'm just kinda afraid it messes things up in my PC...

Sefie, Jul 31, 2015
  4. something back

something back

Selfie take the risk, I have had no problems.

The trial problems did but the retail version seems ok.

You can roll back in the first 30 days IF YOU WISH TO.

something back, Jul 31, 2015
Ask a Question