Dead aspire one

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by krizze, Aug 6, 2008.

1. krizze

lowai

Update: I found my problem. It was a loose or poorly seated RAM SODIMM. After reading a lot of people taking about RAM issues I decided to open it up and check the chip. I did not see anything wrong with it from a visial check, but after removing it I put it back in and all back together and when I tried it the computer worked fine again like new. I would say the behavior for this model would be a very good indication of an issue with the RAM.

lowai, Apr 5, 2011
  2. krizze

Guest Guest

I have managed to bring several Acer Aspire One ZG5 models back to life using a USB and the FN + ESC keys.
    I've heard that if not successful the first time, you should just keep on trying the procedure until it works.
    Have recently acquired a ZG5 and when applying the above procedure, the green LED will not flash for the required 3x and the bios flash will not commence.
    Does anyone know if the bios chip gets fried if you do not follow the procedure to the letter? or can the block in the bios memory become corrupt or damaged?
    Keep trying my friend!

Guest, Apr 8, 2011
  3. krizze

matts1

I thought my AO522 had the black screen of death and tried all kinds of things to try to fix it from every blog and forum post I could find, you turn it on and all you get is the fan and one LED light, wouldn't boot, wouldn't POST, nothing and FN+ESC apparently doesn't work on this model.. Well, I went as far as to contact Acer Support and had scheduled to send it off for repair and I got the idea to put the old 1GB Ram back in there since I had upgraded to a 2GB chip. I switched it out and wa la it started working as if nothing had happened. Apparently, its pretty common to come across an upgrade piece of Ram and it do exactly what a traditional Black screen of death would do. Some boards are just picky on which brand of Ram you use..

matts1, Apr 10, 2011
Ask a Question