Damaged Screen - Mobile Phone?? Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by savestheday, Dec 27, 2008.

1. savestheday

savestheday

I've had my Acer Aspire One for over three months. I love it.
    A few days ago my girlfriend was carrying my laptop with her mobile phone sitting on the outer casing (the lid was closed). The mobile phone was turned on. When I opened the laptop some major damage had occured to the lcd. It looks like the laptop has been sat on (a inky looking spot is in the middle of the screen and the remainder of the lcd is pixellated), however this absolutely did not happen. The laptop is now unusable.

The only solution I can pose is that emissions from the mobile phone have damaged the screen.
    Has anybody else had the same problem? And if so is it fixable?

savestheday, Dec 27, 2008
  2. savestheday

maxmix

Not the Mobile, I dont think.... Some impact has caused this....

LCD's are pretty expensive..... Best bet look for a faulty unit with OK LCD....

maxmix

maxmix, Dec 27, 2008
  3. savestheday

Baza

This has happened to my acer also. I swirched it off. put it to one side came back, restarted and excactly yhe same thing has happened to mine. Tried to return but Dabs says it is a broken lcd...nothing touched it..there was only me in the house at the time so??? :?: LCd are approx 80GBP on ebay.

Baza, Dec 29, 2008
  4. savestheday

nmesisca

its hard to believe that 'emissions' from a mobile phone could cause any sort of physical damage at all.
    I think you need to look for an explanation somewhere else really..

nmesisca, Dec 29, 2008
  5. savestheday

Grim Squeaker

Well.. a magnetic field could. But if your phone is strong enough to create such a field, it may be better to replace it pronto.

Grim Squeaker, Dec 29, 2008
  6. savestheday

nmesisca

yeah.. a magnetic field LHC style could have caused that..

nmesisca, Dec 29, 2008
  7. savestheday

remnant

For it to be caused by emissions, the mobile phone in question has to be a satellite one with high powered hardware and software at that. It has to be a sort of an impact for this to happen. I had a device which developed a similar problem after sitting on it. The screen had to be replaced and I ended up selling it at a throwaway price.

remnant, Sep 23, 2016
Ask a Question