Custom Gaming Computer?

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by Brettni, May 30, 2016.

1. Brettni

Brettni

Was thinking about building my own gaming computer. Does anyone have suggestions about the best parts that I should buy to assemble my computer?

Brettni, May 30, 2016
  2. Brettni

Vash

Are you talking about building a laptop or a desktop? Building a laptop can be troublesome (hard to get the parts), and the cost might not be worth it at all compare to just buy an assembled one. If you are talking about building a desktop PC, this is a laptop forum. ;)

Anyway, if you meant building a gaming desktop computer, then the things you need to decide first is the budget. Then you can decide what is the "best" within your price range. If you simply want the best of the best out there, it will cost you a fortune and soon it will be the second best in no time. Basically, it is not worth it to get the top of the line. I used to get the second best or even the third best when it comes to CPU, and overclock it to exceed the top of the line in performance. You need to know that the top of the line CPU (graphics card too) was usually pushed to the limit by the manufacturers already, which leaves very little room for overclocking... as the matter of fact, the top of the line might just be the exactly same thing as the second best or the third best in some cases, just that they picked the most overclockable ones and set it at higher stock speed, then call it a better product.

For gaming, the single most important component is the graphics card, followed by CPU, memory, and then hard drive. These components will directly impact your gaming experience (game performance really). Monitor / screen is also important if you like to please your eyes. Sound card is important if you have good speakers or headphones.

Vash, May 30, 2016
  3. Brettni

Corteno

I'd recommend building your own PC starting with picking the individual parts by yourself or by someone who knows what they are doing. There are plenty of people here or out there on other forums and social media who'd gladly help you assemble a PC for the best price. One problem might be putting together your new PC by yourself. Don't be afraid! It's not that hard as you might think. You literally can't screw it up. The plugs and parts are fool-proof. There is only one way you can connect them. If it doesn't go in easily, don't force it, look up a tutorial or something if you are unsure.

Corteno, Jun 3, 2016
Ask a Question