Cleaning laptop screen

Discussion in 'HP / Compaq' started by Boxikg, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Boxikg

Boxikg

Hi, at work I have HP ProBook 4530s laptop. I was cleaning its screen and touched unintentionally screen with my fingernail, several times. Could I make scratches? I have not noticed anything on screen but I want to be sure whether scratching of laptop's screen with fingernails is possible.

Thanks in advance!!!

Boxikg, Dec 4, 2013
  2. Boxikg

LindaKay

Nah, you should be fine unless you were digging in really hard. They're a little tougher than you probably think!!

LindaKay, Jan 16, 2014
  3. Boxikg

autograph

If you did not see any visible scratch mark on your screen then your screen should be okay. I don't think it possible to leave a mark with your nail unless you were doing it on purpose and scratching it real hard. Just make sure that you don't have any other sharp object around while cleaning your screen to prevent any accidental droppings of sharp objects.

autograph, Feb 22, 2014
  4. Boxikg

mohamed samir

i have also my screen scratched last month :(

mohamed samir, Aug 31, 2015
  5. Boxikg

Geozef

Try to use satin cloth for cleaning the screen it wont leave any small particles or scratches unlike the cotton or paper made materials. You can also put a small amount of isopropyl alcohol to remove dirt and greasy marks.

Geozef, Aug 31, 2015
  6. Boxikg

IcyBC

I have accidentally touched the screen with my finger nails many times too, but I don't see any evidence from that. I think laptop screen is made tougher for this reason :)

IcyBC, Aug 31, 2015
  7. Boxikg

SLTE

This, more or less. You can probably touch the screen without scratching it - unless you really tear into the thing - but you'll do a proper job cleaning with non-abrasive materials like satin. Fingers leave too many prints.

If you've got glasses, try using the cloth that usually comes bundled with the glasses case when you first buy 'em. I find those to be fantastic for cleaning laptop screens, along with a bit of cleaning liquid or water.

SLTE, Sep 15, 2015
  8. Boxikg

thess

I've done this a few times and nothing has ever happened. It should be perfectly fine.

thess, Nov 4, 2015
  9. Boxikg

jamesbonner

I think that it's so impossible to scratch the screen with your finger nails ! because it's hard a little bit and you need something stronger to scratch it, so don't worry you are okey :)

jamesbonner, Dec 30, 2015
  10. Boxikg

KO6153

I do not believe your nails can scratch the screen, unless you drag your nails in a very fast manner across the screen. Although, I believe that would only result in a light unnoticeable scratch (And maybe wear a certain type of gloves when cleaning if you truly worry that your nails will damage the screen). I personally recommend Windex Electronic wipes, but just about anything should work.

KO6153, Jan 20, 2016
  11. Boxikg

Raider19

I have a hp Elite Book and have never had screen issues. To clean the screen I usually just blow the dust off with a compressed can of air. For more hard to get off grim I use a damp cloth.

Raider19, Mar 9, 2016
  12. Boxikg

nytegeek

As long as you don't apply to much pressure it should be fine. You wouldn't actually scratch it if you pushed hard, but you could create splotches or dead pixels which would have been noticeable almost immediately.

nytegeek, Mar 24, 2016
Ask a Question