Cleaning aid for laptop screen

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by remnant, Oct 14, 2016.

1. remnant

remnant

Laptop screens frequently get dirty and clogged with all sorts of dirt some of which either sticks or adheres firmly by dint of static electricity. I think the best aid is a microfibre cloth, Windex or alcohol though some people caution against Windex due to its ammonia content. Of note is the fact that the cleaner should not be abrasive.

remnant, Oct 14, 2016
    Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  2. remnant

Aree Wongwanlee

I used to have a spray that supposed to be specifically for laptop screens. It worked well. Lately, I have been cleaning my laptop screen with just a soft damp towel. It works just as well.

Aree Wongwanlee, Oct 14, 2016
  3. remnant

Fuzyon

If you're afraid of using Windex to clean your laptop's screen then just spray some on a towel rather than directly on the display, it will work just as fine and you don't risk damaging your laptop due to the ammonia content. I tried microfibre cloths but there's really no difference between one and a soft towel, they both work good.

Fuzyon, Oct 14, 2016
  4. remnant

Elektron

I have a eye glasses cleaning cloth and it works really good for LCD screens, that's what I Currently use for cleaning purposes when it comes to screens.

Elektron, Oct 14, 2016
  5. remnant

HappyKoi

I used to do my laptop work outside at night, and sometimes bugs would get on the screen. (Not computer bugs- I'm talking mosquitoes and the occasional confused moth.) It's really hard to clean that sort of gunk off the screen. I tried a soft cotton cloth, but that did virtually nothing. Office supply stores sell these moist wipes that are really good for cleaning screens. The problem is that if you leave the container open or too many pop out of the container, they dry out and become useless. I've heard not to use glass cleaners because they can mess up your screen for life, and certainly not to use water.

HappyKoi, Oct 14, 2016
  6. remnant

Krissttina Isobe

I use alcohol and clean cotton ball damped with it. We have hand oils, other things like dust too, plus I use library netbook borrows or internet computers, so there's a lot of use by others. I like to swab it clean with just enough alcohol on a cotton ball to clean the outer portion of all computers at times. Alcohol is safe and good sanitizer for computers.

Krissttina Isobe, Oct 14, 2016
  7. remnant

Corzhens

With the laptop screen and also for our home desktop, a wet cloth is the only cleaning tool. But the cloth is cotton or any soft cloth that wouldn't leave a mark (tough cloth can leave scars on the glass). As per the advice of our tech in the office, avoid using alcohol much more acetone that can damage the surface of the monitor. With water and soft cloth, you can never be wrong.

Corzhens, Oct 15, 2016
Ask a Question