Cheap gaming laptop

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by Eliminator, May 17, 2015.

1. Eliminator

Eliminator

Eliminator, May 17, 2015
  2. Eliminator

Eliminator

Bump

Eliminator, May 17, 2015
  3. Eliminator

something back

something back, May 17, 2015
  4. Eliminator

Eliminator

Yah, I think this is a decent laptop, I just wanted a few opinions.

Eliminator, May 18, 2015
  5. Eliminator

something back

It's a minefield looking for a new laptop, there's about 500 different cpu's
    and 250 graphic cards fitted to laptops. It is worth the extra work doing a little
    searching.

You may well think you have found a good machine, but it's out of date so soon.

Although you may think my reply was not as helpful without picking one of
    your choices .

I have to do the same searching when I need to replace a laptop,it's hard work finding
    one, and then your always unsure if you have found the right one.

I try to find the best I can afford using the sites I have listed, and has decent reviews then try to match it as close as possible given affordability.

Something back

something back, May 18, 2015
  6. Eliminator

Eliminator

Eliminator, May 18, 2015
  7. Eliminator

Eliminator

Eliminator, May 19, 2015
  8. Eliminator

superbobby

ASUS laptops have good built-in self-adjusting fans and don't overheat fast. I think it is a plus when it comes to gaming laptops.What do you guys think?

superbobby, May 31, 2015
  9. Eliminator

KenBrace

I own an ASUS myself and I really love it.

As far as gaming goes I can't say that it's awesome. I can play small stuff but a large game like Assassins Creed runs extremely choppy. It's so choppy that it's impossible to play. The RAM is sufficient but the processor and video are lacking.

KenBrace, Jun 26, 2015
  10. Eliminator

Lun

About this one, I wasn't even aware Quadros came in Laptop versions, but if they're the same as their desktop counterparts then they're not the best for gaming I'm afraid.
    That MSI with the GT820M should be more than enough for you. It seems it's out of stock on Amazon but I think it's the best option out of the ones you posted.

Lun, Jul 10, 2015
  11. Eliminator

ryanch94

Don't get the Quadro one anyway, they're not gaming GPUs and are used for CAD software mainly.

ryanch94, Jul 11, 2015
  12. Eliminator

IcyBC

My son was looking for a gaming laptop too, and we talked to the associate at Best Buy, and they all seem to recommend the Alien brand, but they are not cheap either. Unless we are buying a used one on eBay, which I don't trust and it probably will fold after a couple of years. Will have to keep looking and do some more researches.

IcyBC, Jul 17, 2015
  13. Eliminator

thegeckoman

Currently, the E5-573G is a good option - was selling for $470 from Newegg and I guess the price will get down again - link. You can read the E5-573G review
    The reason I recommend this one is that for under $500 it is the fastest new laptop. If you are into refurbished and/or used, there are other options, perhaps

thegeckoman, Jul 23, 2015
    IcyBC likes this.
  14. Eliminator

IcyBC

Thank you for this recommendation! I will check this out and read all the reviews about it. I am not a techie or know much about computer so refurbished or used computer scared me. I wish I know how to just taking a part my laptop and fix everything myself.

My friend took her Acer in for service, and she came home with many other things that slowly go wrong. I guess the repair man put them there so she will continue to bring it in for him to make money. Can't trust anyone nowadays!

IcyBC, Jul 23, 2015
  15. Eliminator

thegeckoman

You can't indeed, but that's not a rule about the brand or repair people. Where I am living, Asus and MSI have a contract service that handles all their repairs and there are many complaints on them
    Another option is refurbished or used via Ebay
    And if you need something not for gaming, a good refurbished Dell E5450 or E7440/E7450 would be great - got 3 of them now and I'm very satisfied

thegeckoman, Jul 23, 2015
    IcyBC likes this.
Ask a Question