Broadcom Driver help, PLEASE?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Arjai, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Arjai

Arjai

Acer Aspire 5517, upgraded CPU Turon 64 x 2.
    Now wanted to upgrade from 800.11 b/g, to b/g/n with the Broadcom BCM 43224 HMS.

It fits perfectly, Win 7 Home Prem. says it is working properly and the Driver says it is installed and working but, no internet.

Currently using a WiFi hotspot 4G from Verizon.

I bought a Broadcon mini PCI-e because the stock Wifi adapter was a Broadcom also. I wish I had known better! Broadcom offers NO HELP to individuals!

Anyways, I'm hoping I am not alone in wanting to upgrade my 5517 to 'n' speeds and that someone out there has already figured this problem out.
    I've found a couple of sites with Drivers but most were for HP or Cisco and so on. I need the Driver for Acer, or at least one that will work with this laptop!

Thanks!

Arjai, Jun 9, 2012
  2. Arjai

Swarvey Moderator

Just a thought, a few other members have upgraded their Wi-Fi cards, but have forgotten to connect the antenna cable, just checking that you've got it all connected properly?

Swarvey, Jun 12, 2012
Ask a Question