Booting TinyXp From USB

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by CerebralEdge, Feb 7, 2009.

1. CerebralEdge

CerebralEdge

Hello, I've been trying to find a way to boot the TinyXp Rev09 .iso and/or a MicroXp .iso from a flash drive, but I've had no luck in figuring out how. I've read the Ron's TinyXp Tutorial, but i'm trying to install the Rev09 version of TinyXp, no the AA1 configured version. So I was wondering if anyone could help me, and maybe shed some light on how to boot an .iso from a USB drive. Thanks.

Edit: Also, if I install TinyXp can I still access the eRecovery partition in case I want to return to factory defaults?

CerebralEdge, Feb 7, 2009
  2. CerebralEdge

zOctane

I got rev 09 to work on a USB by using this guide. If you are using v09 you need to make a simple iso from the option of your choosing on which version of tinyxp you want. If you look at the documentation that is w/ v09 it will tell you how to do it(its very simple, just find the .bat of the version you want and launch it).

http://www.ngine.de/article/id/8

Then just install your drivers and your gtg!

EDIT: I miss-read the original post :oops: I thought you wanted to run TinyXP from a USB drive, not install from it, whoops.

Ok, well Here are some links that give you step by step instructions on how to install XP from a USB drive.

http://www.eeeguides.com/2007/11/installing-windows-xp-from-usb-thumb.html
    http://www.msfn.org/board/How-to-install-XP-from-USB-t111406.html&st=6
    OR if you have a U3 Drive
    viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4704

zOctane, Mar 3, 2009
  3. CerebralEdge

qmanager

There is one simplest (and I think - fastest) way to restore previous version of HDD contents (OS+installed software) on ANY computer. First one makes a full backup of hard disk with Acronis True Image software. Second - the same program makes a bootable USB drive for you. You can write your backup on external HDD, DVD etc. Then in case of troubles with some new system installed, just boot from USB drive, which will start Acronis Restore, connect external HDD/DVD with backup, run Acronis - and here we go, your previous disk contents is right back. No reinstalling software and other time consuming tunings, as it takes place after recovery with Acer's E-Recovery program (which will restore just "empty" XP, as it comes on new machine).
    Hope this helps... at least I have used it on Aspire One and on my desktop, and it worked out.

qmanager, Mar 4, 2009
Ask a Question